And we keep re-electing this guy because...?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Recap:

Resident Palestinian America hater Rashida Tlaib makes yet another mind boggling remark about Jews.

"There’s always kind of a calming feeling, I tell folks, when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors — Palestinians — who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people’s passports," she said in the interview, which aired Saturday.

"And just all of it was in the name of trying to create a safe haven for Jews, post-the Holocaust, post-the tragedy and the horrific persecution of Jews across the world at that time," she continued. "And I love the fact that it was my ancestors that provided that, right, in many ways. But they did it in a way that took their human dignity away, and it was forced on them."

#1, she gets a calming feeling when she thinks of the Holocaust.
#2, her history revision is infuriating and makes me want to punch her ugly face.

So, needless to say, she's getting her ignorant hate-filled ass handed to her and guess - just guess - who came to her rescue?

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) is asking for an apology from the Republicans hammering Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) over her recent comments on Israel and the Holocaust.

Catch that? America-hating terrorist chick makes hateful comments, and Steny thinks the people taking issue with it should apologize to her.

When's he up for ousting? 2020? Yeah, time to put his ass out to pasture.

SamSpade

When's he up for ousting? 2020? Yeah, time to put his ass out to pasture.

I've said before - I detest this man. He was the guest speaker at my high school commencement (before he made it to Congress).
It was a campaign speech. Here we all were, at the only graduation some of those present would ever have -
and he made it about HIM.

However - his district, as Pelosi might say, would elect a glass of water if it had a D after the name.
They don't re-elect him because of who he is - they re-elect the "D".

PeoplesElbow

He is vulnerable in the primary, Lollar should have been a democrat, plastered his face all over signs in PG county, he would have won then.

Grumpy

However - his district, as Pelosi might say, would elect a glass of water if it had a D after the name.

IMO, there is a big change coming, first sign was RINO Hogan getting elected. I've talked to quite a few Dems over the past couple years that are sick of the Dems in congress. Last week I was at restaurant in PG and one of the guys I was with made a joke about Trump and the waiter(black) overheard and said 'don't be messing with my man'..and 2 guys(black) at a nearby table looked up and said "damn right". Times are achanging, the Dems see it and thats why are they all in with the 'undocumented' folks..

TCROW

I've said before - I detest this man. He was the guest speaker at my high school commencement (before he made it to Congress).
It was a campaign speech. Here we all were, at the only graduation some of those present would ever have -
and he made it about HIM.

Didn’t Steny ascend to the House via special election when Bob Bauman was arrested for propositioning young boys for gay sex? Is there really an opportunity to campaign in that sort of fashion?

Oh wait, maybe he replaced Spellman after she never recovered from her coma? I think that was a special election too though. Same timeframe - 1980?

Does one really have that much time/opportunity to campaign in that type of scenario?

limblips

PREMO Member
And we keep re-electing this guy because...?

I think it is because he singlehandedly saves Pax River from being closed. At least that is what he tells us every two years.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
IMO, there is a big change coming, first sign was RINO Hogan getting elected. I've talked to quite a few Dems over the past couple years that are sick of the Dems in congress. Last week I was at restaurant in PG and one of the guys I was with made a joke about Trump and the waiter(black) overheard and said 'don't be messing with my man'..and 2 guys(black) at a nearby table looked up and said "damn right". Times are achanging, the Dems see it and thats why are they all in with the 'undocumented' folks..
I don't know that I'd call him a RINO, an R in a blue state just isn't the same thing as an R in a blue state. Conversely a blue state D isn't the same thing as a red state D.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't know that I'd call him a RINO, an R in a blue state just isn't the same thing as an R in a blue state. Conversely a blue state D isn't the same thing as a red state D.

The way so many Republicans behave, I'd just call Hogan a Republican.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Pretty much, it's not like they're the defenders of the moral high ground.

SamSpade

Does one really have that much time/opportunity to campaign in that type of scenario?

I'm not sure where you're going with this - are you thinking I made it up, or that he was wholly justified in giving a commencement about his campaign? MANY years ago, a young kid I knew decided to preach a fire and brimstone sermon about how most present were headed to hell - because the person there at the funeral was already there. There's a time and place for everything - time constraints isn't an excuse, and there's
never an excuse for being a clod.

That year, Steny was trying to position himself for Lt Governor in the primaries. Didn't happen.

TCROW

I'm not sure where you're going with this - are you thinking I made it up, or that he was wholly justified in giving a commencement about his campaign? MANY years ago, a young kid I knew decided to preach a fire and brimstone sermon about how most present were headed to hell - because the person there at the funeral was already there. There's a time and place for everything - time constraints isn't an excuse, and there's
never an excuse for being a clod.

That year, Steny was trying to position himself for Lt Governor in the primaries. Didn't happen.

Was curious is all.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
https://www.businessinsider.com/pelosi-defends-rashida-tlaib-trump-holocaust-anti-semitism-2019-5

Now we see Nancy defending her. Just pasting this to let you know i was right. If Nancy tells Hoyer to do something he will do it.
Democrats love illegals and Muslims a lot more than they do Americans.

Correction: they love POWER more than they do Americans. They are all about Party, no different than Nazis or any other fascist regime. Steny hasn't had an original idea or interest in the people of 5D in decades. He doesn't have the charisma to be Speaker and certainly not President, so he settles for being Nancy's lapdog. He is Silvio Dante. He is Clemenza.

Black people are starting to wake up and leave the plantation, so now the Dems are cultivating the fastest growing demographics in America: Hispanics and Muslims. Steny doesn't give a single crap about any of those people; he wants to keep his cushy government job and wield some power and that's it.

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

Black people are starting to wake up and leave the plantation, so now the Dems are cultivating the fastest growing demographics in America: Hispanics and Muslims. Steny doesn't give a single crap about any of those people; he wants to keep his cushy government job and wield some power and that's it.

They only give lip service to youth for two reasons - one is, they just don't show up at the polls. They talk a lot, but they don't do anything.
The other is, while a woman is still a woman, and an Hispanic or Black is still black - youth grow up and are replaced by new youth - and they're
not the same. You have to start all over every ten to twenty years.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Didn’t Steny ascend to the House via special election when Bob Bauman was arrested for propositioning young boys for gay sex? Is there really an opportunity to campaign in that sort of fashion?

Oh wait, maybe he replaced Spellman after she never recovered from her coma? I think that was a special election too though. Same timeframe - 1980?

Hoyer replaced Gladys Spellman via a special election in 1981 after Spellman's seat was declared vacant because she was in a coma after collapsing at the Laurel Mall.

Bob Bauman's scandal caused him to loose reelection in 1980. He lost to Roy Dyson.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Black people are starting to wake up and leave the plantation,

I'm not sure about that ...

so now the Dems are cultivating the fastest growing demographics in America: Hispanics and Muslims.

Certainly Democrats are chasing numbers ... Hispanics are going to bury all of us in population numbers ..
Blacks only achieved at best 13% of the population

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045218

Race and Hispanic Origin
White alone, percent
76.6%
Black or African American alone, percent(a)
13.4%
American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent(a)
1.3%
Asian alone, percent(a)
5.8%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent(a)
0.2%
Two or More Races, percent
2.7%
Hispanic or Latino, percent(b)
18.1%
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent

stgislander

PREMO Member
:yay:

I just can't wait to see who finally replaces him. Hopefully I'll be out of 5D by then.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

:yay:

I just can't wait to see who finally replaces him. Hopefully I'll be out of 5D by then.
I was born in 5D My family and friends are in 5 D. I love 5D My grave site is in 5D.

I have never voted for Steny Hoyer, and I never intend to.