And While We are at it

TPD

the poor dad
Let’s just continue taking our kids rights away. Is this really needed in our schools?

So I got feedback from one student after the trial run of this security screening system - cluster duck! Well not really their words but the kid told me that everyone had to remove laptops and hand to person manning the system before walking through, then retrieve laptops on other side. Yeah I get that but as this kid said, everyone has a laptop issued by the school which means they all look alike, so assuring you got yours back on the other side was the problem since the benefit being touted by this system was multiple kids being able to walk through at one time increasing the speed of screening. Apparently by day 3 kids learned to go to other entrances to enter the school where this screening was not happening, rather than waiting in line 5 minutes or more to get the radiation treatment and then to get the wrong laptop handed back to you.

I'm sure the company providing this system will spin this another way to the school board in order to sell it. Wonder if any school board members showed up to witness this fiasco or talked to any students involved...

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Since there was no mention anywhere of what kind of equipment is being used, did some searching ....

TPD

the poor dad
If I may ...

Since there was no mention anywhere of what kind of equipment is being used, did some searching ....

that website shows people walking through without take anything out of their bags and holding cellphones. So I wonder why the students had to remove laptops.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

that website shows people walking through without take anything out of their bags and holding cellphones. So I wonder why the students had to remove laptops.
Dunno. But it was actually quite an extensive search just to find what machine is actually in use. It's like they want to keep it a secret. First, trying to search using any terms in the release, only takes one to more like stories from regular MSM new releases to corporate website news releases. Then to find out that Motorola Solutions and Avigilon Corporation, are actually one in the same since Motorola bought Avigilon in 2018. So kinda partnering with themselves I reckon. Even searching through Avigilon's website menu, one would be hard pressed to find to actually find what is being used in public schools such as in St. Mary's County. Unless one searches explicitly for concealed weapons detection/scan/scanner etc., with Motorola or Avigilon in search google search query. But on Avigilon's menu it's under Products : MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS INTEGRATIONS : Concealed Weapons Detection. Funny how it is listed specifically under "MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS" within Avigilon's own website. Want an exercise in futility? Try to find the aforementioned on Motorola Solutions own website. You won't find it. Which tells me that it is specifically a Motorola project, but, not really, but it is, but it isn't. Oh and by the way, wasn't it Motorola that installed the APX Radio's on the St. Mary's County P25 NEXGEN Radio system?

Anyways .... Wanna see the macro scary part? Just peruse Avigilon's website of today's technological surveillance achievements and products offered to governments from coast to coast. And this is just one of the many corporations in this segment of mass public surveillance. If people understood what is happening, they would be at the next school board meeting to have any of this type of equipment placed in schools banned and removed, even the "Motorola Solutions Concealed Weapons Detection" machine. Because once a foot is allowed in the door, it will never be closed. It is time to starve the beast. Besides, never needed this before, and don't need it now. It is a solution looking for a problem. And a waste of money when the "testing" is over.

Reactions: TPD