And You thought "The Bushisms" Were Funny?

SmallTown

Football season!
Boring! Most of the Bushisms don't make headline news. Only the really really good ones:

"Tonight in America, something very important in the fabric of our life took place. Very, very important. The Red Sox pulled to two-and-a-half games out of the Yankees. Now, I think that's important!" Except that the Red Sox had not pulled to within 2.5 games of the hated Yankees -- they remained 3.5 games behind them.
This may sound nitpicky, but there is a point: When John Kerry commits a gaffe, the media ignores it. I searched LexisNexis for the word-counting slip, but not one mainstream newspaper noted it. No one noted the baseball blunder, either.

Yet when President Bush made this error on Aug. 5: "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" -- it received huge media play."

Yes, it is nitpicky because it's not even on the same level as the one from Bush. Nice try, but nowhere near as funny as bushisms. And this is why I'm leaning towards Bush in 2004 because he's just too damn funny to let go.

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
SmallTown said:
Boring! Most of the Bushisms don't make headline news. Only the really really good ones:

"Tonight in America, something very important in the fabric of our life took place. Very, very important. The Red Sox pulled to two-and-a-half games out of the Yankees. Now, I think that's important!" Except that the Red Sox had not pulled to within 2.5 games of the hated Yankees -- they remained 3.5 games behind them.
This may sound nitpicky, but there is a point: When John Kerry commits a gaffe, the media ignores it. I searched LexisNexis for the word-counting slip, but not one mainstream newspaper noted it. No one noted the baseball blunder, either.

Yet when President Bush made this error on Aug. 5: "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" -- it received huge media play."

Yes, it is nitpicky because it's not even on the same level as the one from Bush. Nice try, but nowhere near as funny as bushisms. And this is why I'm leaning towards Bush in 2004 because he's just too damn funny to let go.

bushy's bushisms are more funny and you don't have to be a baseball fan to understand the relevance, it's universal. BTW, i wonder if anyone checks his speeches or if he improvises alot... mmm, leaning on the latter.

SmallTown

Football season!
SuperGrover said:
bushy's bushisms are more funny and you don't have to be a baseball fan to understand the relevance, it's universal. BTW, i wonder if anyone checks his speeches or if he improvises alot... mmm, leaning on the latter.
When he sticks to the script, he is fine usually.

There was a big stink awhile back. Republicans are saying that the dems try to rewrite history. But then the people who handle transcribing Bush's speeches were editing out the Bushisms to make them sound better. I say if the man says it, and you're recording it, do it word for word. Who knows, 40 years from now the quotes may make him look brilliant.