Angela Merkel says Germany has ‘utterly failed’ at building multicultural society

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Germany’s immigrants need to work harder to assimilate because the country’s attempts at building a “multikulti” society have “utterly failed,” Chancellor Angela Merkel said.

“We kidded ourselves a while,” Merkel told younger members of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party earlier this month in Potsdam, the BBC reported.

But the idea of having people from different backgrounds “live side-by-side” hasn’t worked, she added – and more Germans seem to agree. About a third of the country believes Germany has been “overrun by foreigners,” a recent survey suggests, according to the BBC.

officeguy

Germany’s immigrants need to work harder to assimilate because the country’s attempts at building a “multikulti” society have “utterly failed,” Chancellor Angela Merkel said.

“We kidded ourselves a while,” Merkel told younger members of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party earlier this month in Potsdam, the BBC reported.

But the idea of having people from different backgrounds “live side-by-side” hasn’t worked, she added – and more Germans seem to agree. About a third of the country believes Germany has been “overrun by foreigners,” a recent survey suggests, according to the BBC.

It worked until she came around. The country absorbed millions of immigrants from italy, portugal, spain, yugoslavia and turkey. While there was friction, it was an orderly process. The immigrants were recruited for their willingness to work, if they didn't work they had to return. While the first generation kept to themselves, the second and third generation assimilated into german society. Call a german company today, there is a good chance the frontline staffer you talk to has a turkish or serbian surname.
Things fell apart when the wave of 'refugees' and 'asylum seekers' hit the country and the political establishment refused to follow the desire of the population to limit that uncontrolled influx.

It's YOU Ms Merkel who failed, not 'Germany'.

Hijinx

Who is this WE she is talking about? It was basically her.

fact is when the Islamics come into a country in hordes it is automatically disruptive to that country.

WE--the American people need to learn from Germany and Minnesota that the last thing any country needs is more Islamics.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It worked until she came around. The country absorbed millions of immigrants from italy, portugal, spain, yugoslavia and turkey. While there was friction, it was an orderly process. The immigrants were recruited for their willingness to work, if they didn't work they had to return. While the first generation kept to themselves, the second and third generation assimilated into german society. Call a german company today, there is a good chance the frontline staffer you talk to has a turkish or serbian surname.
Things fell apart when the wave of 'refugees' and 'asylum seekers' hit the country and the political establishment refused to follow the desire of the population to limit that uncontrolled influx.

It's YOU Ms Merkel who failed, not 'Germany'.

Decades ago when I traveled to Germany I saw a lot of Turks. I know there was so low level disgust of the Turks. 1 way to piss a German guy off was to jokingly ask him about the Turk his sister married. I'm sure all the foreigners in Germany came in under some sort of immigration/work program. This is a much different situation than letting thousands of unvetted refugees just walk into your country.

I think of Italians and Spaniards in Germany as being closely aligned with the native population. They may disagree on things but they aren't enemies. Sort of like in the US where we have Cajuns, Florida Crackers, hillbillies and other various US identity groups. You don't hear them fighting among themselves. Even in the US, the various religious orders get along with the exception of the hard core islamists that go on their triannual shooting spree.

Can anyone in Germany or in the universe, name 1 German city that has benefitted from mass migration? Bringing dissimilar people together will always cause strife. Nations with a homogeneous population will suffer from very little social unrest. Places with a heterogenous population will constantly be experiencing some sort of conflict.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Decades ago when I traveled to Germany I saw a lot of Turks. I know there was so low level disgust of the Turks. 1 way to piss a German guy off was to jokingly ask him about the Turk his sister married.

LOL..I was working in Germany a lot from '87 to about '93..and you reminded me of the whole Turkish workers thing.

Monello

PREMO Member
So an African migrant is strolling down a sidewalk in Nuremberg.
renderTimingPixel.png

He comes up to the first man he sees and says "Thank you, for allowing me to come to Germany. Thank you for giving me health care, and a place to live, and food to eat."

The man looks at him and says "I'm not German, I'm Albanian."

The African says "Oh, excuse me" and continues walking.

He walks up to a second man and says "Thank you for allowing me to come to Germany as a refugee. It is a truly beautiful country."

The second man looks at him and says "I'm not German, I'm Turkish."

The African goes "Oh, excuse me" and continues walking.

As he's walking he comes up to a third man. He says "Thank you for allowing me to come to Germany, thank you for everything you've done for me."

The man looks at him and says "I'm not German, I'm Arab."

Confused, the African asks "Where are all the Germans?"

The Arab looks down at his watch.

"Probably working."

Monello

PREMO Member
Here are some 9 year old observations by a German politician, Thilo Sarrazin. I find it refreshing when a politician says what's on their mind and speaks the truth without having to do verbal gymnastics to not offend the easily offended.

Integration requires effort from those that are to be integrated. I will not show respect for anyone who is not making that effort. I do not have to acknowledge anyone who lives by welfare, denies the legitimacy of the very state that provides that welfare, refuses to care for the education of his children and constantly produces new little headscarf-girls. This holds true for 70 percent of the Turkish and 90 percent of the Arab population in Berlin.

No other religion in Europe makes so many demands. No immigrant group other than Muslims is so strongly connected with claims on the welfare state and crime. No group emphasizes their differences so strongly in public, especially through women's clothing. In no other religion is the transition to violence, dictatorship and terrorism so fluid.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Instead of conquering Europe by the sword, which they tried centuries ago, they're conquering it by the empty hand and birth canal.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The problem is not immigration; the problem is not making immigrants assimilate to their host country. We have these "Little (insert foreign country here)" enclaves all across America (and in European countries as well) that shouldn't be allowed. Immigrants should have a year to learn the language; if they refuse they get sent back. There should be no "Press 1 for Spanish" on anything in the United States, and especially not our government services.

The US used to do melting pot successfully and it's only in the last few decades when we stopped requiring immigrants to assimilate to our culture that it became a problem. I have no idea how greasy Democrat politicians and their media mouthpieces manage to convince so many progbots to reject their own culture and embrace the ways of the third-world shithole, but there it is.

glhs837

Power with Control
The problem is not immigration; the problem is not making immigrants assimilate to their host country. We have these "Little (insert foreign country here)" enclaves all across America (and in European countries as well) that shouldn't be allowed. Immigrants should have a year to learn the language; if they refuse they get sent back. There should be no "Press 1 for Spanish" on anything in the United States, and especially not our government services.

The US used to do melting pot successfully and it's only in the last few decades when we stopped requiring immigrants to assimilate to our culture that it became a problem. I have no idea how greasy Democrat politicians and their media mouthpieces manage to convince so many progbots to reject their own culture and embrace the ways of the third-world shithole, but there it is.

So whats different about the ubiqutious Chinatowns, Koreatowns, from Little Mogadishus in Lewsiton-Auburn Maine and Minneapolis? In Adelaide, our hotel right downtown was literally backed by Chinatown and it was awesome.