Animal Rescue

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Are there any groups in the area that do animal rescue. Neighbors have a dog that they leave out all hours of the day and night. They leave for the day, and he stays tied up out back. I cannot tell if he is aggressive or not, he barks a lot but I would too if it was 30 degrees outside.

If anyone has any sources or leads please let me know.

RPMDAD

Start with Animal Control and report you believe there is dog/animal/pet abuse going on, they should investigate. Calvert County has some pretty strict rules, not sure about your county.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Called animal control before and they just seem to drive by. Will have to get them in the morning when I am on swing shift.

mamatutu

mama to two
Called animal control before and they just seem to drive by. Will have to get them in the morning when I am on swing shift.

I wasn't sure if you were being serious, because there are a couple of current threads on this very subject. I do understand how hard it would be for you to see an animal that you think is suffering, but feel helpless on what you can do. Thanks for posting. The more awareness given to this subject, the better. :yay:

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I wasn't sure if you were being serious, because there are a couple of current threads on this very subject. I do understand how hard it would be for you to see an animal that you think is suffering, but feel helpless on what you can do. Thanks for posting. The more awareness given to this subject, the better. :yay:

Its a shame, as much as I want to help him my luck I would be taken in for trespassing or something. At least the animal rescue people know the rules and how to rescue the animal.

dawn

When you call animal control, ask for the name of the person taking the report and ask for a follow up call. If the dont call then call back and ask for a status of the report.

ginwoman

that would make me crazy. I can't stand the thought of an animal treated like that. Are the humans gone at certain times of the day? Maybe the dog could "break away" or disappear. You would have to have a back up plan of where the dog could live.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
that would make me crazy. I can't stand the thought of an animal treated like that. Are the humans gone at certain times of the day? Maybe the dog could "break away" or disappear. You would have to have a back up plan of where the dog could live.

When I wrote my initial post he was outside barking, I left for Lowes for a bit and got home around 9:30 he was still outside, and he is still out outside now barking. Unfortunately I never know when they are home or not, unfortunately its hard to base it off of when the vehicle is home.

When you call animal control, ask for the name of the person taking the report and ask for a follow up call. If the dont call then call back and ask for a status of the report.

Ok good to know thank you.

ginwoman

When I wrote my initial post he was outside barking, I left for Lowes for a bit and got home around 9:30 he was still outside, and he is still out outside now barking. Unfortunately I never know when they are home or not, unfortunately its hard to base it off of when the vehicle is home.

Ok good to know thank you.

Does he at least have a dog house? Do they seem to feed and water him?

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Does he at least have a dog house? Do they seem to feed and water him?

He alive and barking every day so I can assume the feed and water him. I honestly cannot say for sure about the dog house or what he is tied to as I cannot see that well into the backyard. He seems to be out in the open tied up barking a majority of the time. He has seen me a few times over the fence and wags his tail so I can assume he is friendly but do not know for sure.

mamatutu

mama to two
He alive and barking every day so I can assume the feed and water him. I honestly cannot say for sure about the dog house or what he is tied to as I cannot see that well into the backyard. He seems to be out in the open tied up barking a majority of the time. He has seen me a few times over the fence and wags his tail so I can assume he is friendly but do not know for sure.

Oh, dear, it seems he is calling out for companionship. Do you ever see your neighbors out there with him or taking care of him? I don't blame you for not wanting to get close to him, even though you want to help. If he is being neglected, you don't know if he is up to date on shots, etc. If you have pets, that is a concern, too. I just don't understand neglect, whether animal or human. I hope the situation is resolved. Thanks for caring because I am sure your life is full enough, as it is.