animated diversity commercial..

GregV814

a commercial for diabetes medication is woke PEOPLE!!!!

ON AN ANIMATED SUNRISE MORN, a child runs into the presumed parents bedroom, and hops in bed with his animated mixed race animated parents. Its a beautiful day.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They have these United Nations commercial families that don't even make sense. If you have a black mom and a white dad, you're not going to be Asian with a blonde blue eyed sister. They could at least make an effort and not be just like, yeah whatever.

SamSpade

They have these United Nations commercial families that don't even make sense. If you have a black mom and a white dad, you're not going to be Asian with a blonde blue eyed sister. They could at least make an effort and not be just like, yeah whatever.

I've often wondered how CRT plays out in a family with parents of different races - if the kids are being taught that one is bad and the other isn't.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've often wondered how CRT plays out in a family with parents of different races - if the kids are being taught that one is bad and the other isn't.

As far as I can tell it's only racial separatists - black and white - who get into CRT, and those people won't marry outside their race.

And I have to apologize and explain my comment above because I accidentally insulted you. I was thinking specifically about TV commercial families where there's only a brief visual to connect them and no story development. They have :30 seconds to sell a product and typically want to keep it simple.

And hot on the heels of that it occurs to me that I was being one of those people I roll my eyes at. Of course families can and do look like the United Nations, and I was being narrow visioned. See? You changed my perspective without even saying anything!

:thewave:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
As far as I can tell it's only racial separatists - black and white - who get into CRT, and those people won't marry outside their race.

And I have to apologize and explain my comment above because I accidentally insulted you. I was thinking specifically about TV commercial families where there's only a brief visual to connect them and no story development. They have :30 seconds to sell a product and typically want to keep it simple.

And hot on the heels of that it occurs to me that I was being one of those people I roll my eyes at. Of course families can and do look like the United Nations, and I was being narrow visioned. See? You changed my perspective without even saying anything!

:thewave:
See!?!?! This stuff is hard!! This is why it HAS to be taught in schools!!!

UglyBear

Unless both kids are adopted?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unless both kids are adopted?

Right, but that's a lot to unpack in a :30 cereal commercial.

It's only recently I've started noticing these things anyway. Who cares about the racial makeup of TV commercials or whether the people in it are in a same-sex relationship? Even a year ago none of that would have registered with me, but because the newsbots are making such a big deal out of everything I now notice. It's annoying because I don't want to think of people in terms of race or sexual preference or gender identity. I liked it better when humans had two categories for me: Aholes and not aholes.