Anita's Cake Shop

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Anybody had a cake made here ( Hickory Hills Shopping Center ) ? Care to give a review ? I would love to hear your experience and/or opinion ? TIA !

Littlebit

I would be interested also of someone's opinion of her cakes. Have thought of ordering one but have never heard of anyone that has had one of them.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
We get her cupcakes all the time, super good.

We had a cake made for a small wedding, and it was beautiful. Quickly made and really to be honest can't complain. I like it WAY better than wildewood.

MMM_donuts

We did a tasting for our wedding. We thought her cakes tasted good; some of them were absolutely beautiful but some of them didn't look so great. When we found out the price of her wedding cakes we decided that it wasn't worth that kind of money to take a chance at an ok looking cake that was just good but didn't stand out as amazing.

:ohwell:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Anybody had a cake made here ( Hickory Hills Shopping Center ) ? Care to give a review ? I would love to hear your experience and/or opinion ? TIA !

Never tried them - but HEY! Nice to "see you" again! :howdy:

ladyhawk

If its the Anita I know, She makes a mean Flaun.. Haven't tried a cake...

June

PJumper

We ordered a cake from her back in 2008 when she's still on Chancellors Run road for my daughter's Debut. At that time, we paid I believed $400 for a three-tiered cake. It was beautiful and taste great.

flyingdog

Cupcakes rock! Also check out doubletakedeals.com - they have a spend $15 get another $15 free. I bought 2! I do think you have to use all $15 in one visit (no change) and it is not valid until the day after you purchase. But a great deal and tasty!

lulu

Anita's

It's the only place I will order a cake around here. I've ended up with too many freezer burned cakes from Wildewood. Anita's tastes the best and look the best. I'm willing to spend a little more for a GOOD, local baker.

FoFVolunteer

She did this one last year for my daughter's birthday. Cake tasted decent, but due to copyrights etc she said she couldnt add more Dora themed items what not and had to put plastic figures on. Ended up paying $170 or so for it.

Attachments

• dscn2323g.jpg
    dscn2323g.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I am buying my niece's wedding cake and I think the average price is around 3.00 per slice. Getting mine from a small company in Chas Co, but they are outstanding.

libby

It's the only place I will order a cake around here. I've ended up with too many freezer burned cakes from Wildewood. Anita's tastes the best and look the best. I'm willing to spend a little more for a GOOD, local baker.

I think Wildewood cakes are pretty, but there is no substance to them, so to speak. I come away unsatisfied, and that is just not what I'm looking for in pastries. Additionally, I think the owner is terribly rude.
I think I might go to Anita's today for a cupcake, though, based on posts here...:1bdz:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I think Wildewood cakes are pretty, but there is no substance to them, so to speak. I come away unsatisfied, and that is just not what I'm looking for in pastries. Additionally, I think the owner is terribly rude.
I think I might go to Anita's today for a cupcake, though, based on posts here...:1bdz:
If you do, please make sure to grab a peanut butter one, it will have chocolate chips and peanuts on the top. O M G amazing. Although honestly you can't go wrong with any of them.

molly_21

I like the vanilla with Raspberry. But basically every cupcake I have had from there is good (I can't speak to the Peanut Butter one as I don't eat Peanut Butter in baked goods).

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville

We went by Wildewood twice in the past few weeks looking for someone to make a birthday cake for us, ( one of the young ladies working the counter acted like we were interrupting her and really didnt seem interested in helping us ) that should have been a clue ... the estimated cost was in the range of $50 - $100 but when they called us with the " real " quote it was going to be $ 185 !!! :faint:

Long story short ...we are still looking for a cake...

Boxdyn

Ordered cake from there this past weekend for an anniversary party. Cake looked and tasted great.

highnote

Anita's cakes are GREAT. The taste is way better than other cakes. I've been to weddings where every table was full of plates of leftover cake with only a few bites out of them. What a waste. A cake should not only look good, but taste good also!

In reference to the poster who said some of anita's cakes looked good and others didn't look as good- that is probably because of different price points/budget constraints. Anita will work within your budget- but understand you get what you pay for. If you want the fondant cake that looks like it came straight from the pages of a magazine, she can make it but it will cost a lot more $$. She also makes less impressive cakes for those of us with more modest budgets. The cheaper cakes might not look as fancy, but they still taste amazing.

Plus, Anita is an incredibly kind & generous person. And supporting her shop is supporting a small business in our local economy. Highly recommended!

SoMDGirl42

If you do, please make sure to grab a peanut butter one, it will have chocolate chips and peanuts on the top. O M G amazing. Although honestly you can't go wrong with any of them.

Did you say peanut butter cupcakes? :faint: Peanut butter cookies and icecream are my favorite. I might have to stop by and try one of these!!!