Annual Christmas Caroling on Horseback

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
We are having our annual Christmas Caroling on Horseback (and hay wagon ride for the non riding family members!) on Dec 7th. Now is the time to deck out your horse with all the bells, bows, ribbon, glitter and trim you can think of! We head out around 11 and ride for 2 to 3 hrs depending on the weather. Afterwards we roast marshmallows and hot dogs on the bonfire and have chili, spaghetti and soft drinks. Side dishes and desserts are welcome! Bring your lawn chairs too! We are located in Budds Creek and easy to find but parking is limited so call to make resevations. 301-904-2770 :howdy:

MDLawGirl

How fun! A group of us are doing this in our neighborhood on Dec 20th. I hope you have a good turnout and lots of fun!

2baymares

We are having our annual Christmas Caroling on Horseback (and hay wagon ride for the non riding family members!) on Dec 7th. Now is the time to deck out your horse with all the bells, bows, ribbon, glitter and trim you can think of! We head out around 11 and ride for 2 to 3 hrs depending on the weather. Afterwards we roast marshmallows and hot dogs on the bonfire and have chili, spaghetti and soft drinks. Side dishes and desserts are welcome! Bring your lawn chairs too! We are located in Budds Creek and easy to find but parking is limited so call to make resevations. 301-904-2770 :howdy:

Where exactly do you ride to. Are you riding through a neighborhood?

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Where exactly do you ride to. Are you riding through a neighborhood?

We usually visit the neighbors who are so really nice about having horses in the 'hood and then do some streets in Wicomico Shores. It depends on the weather and conditions....

Wait4It..boom

I'd be interested in hearing a bit more about the hay wagon part. Wouldn't be able to bring the horse since hubby may have the SUV that day, but if there's space available- think the kids and I would enjoy the wagon part.

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
I'd be interested in hearing a bit more about the hay wagon part. Wouldn't be able to bring the horse since hubby may have the SUV that day, but if there's space available- think the kids and I would enjoy the wagon part.

it's fun we went last time .. this time my daughter and I are riding and my son and daughters BF is riding on the wagon .. there is a bone fire afterwards and food but we can't stay like we did last time have to get back to the house and pack somemore.. you should come it's a good time and the kids enjoy it BIG n SMALL...

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Just a small update! We are planning on leaving at noon - hopefully it will warm up a little more! It looks like the weather will hold out and not rain. Yeah!!!

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Hi Horselady, We are planning on coming with 5 horses/ 1 rig. How is the parking/quantity looking. We can park off the side of 234 and hack in if parking is an issue. Let me know what you want us to do. MGH may be coming also with her rig.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
The best thing I can suggest is to call as you get near to see if you need to park out on Reed Rd or if there is anything available in our yard.... If you park out on the cul-de-sac it would probably be best to make the turn and then park on the side. Hope to see ya'll!

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Yeah Brie! Wagons Ho!

Attachments

• 100_1033.JPG
    100_1033.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 98

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everytime I see this thread title, this clip comes to mind !
Don't ask me why, it just does ! :killingme

Last edited:

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
It was so much fun - even though a little on the frosty side. I think even Santa and the reindeer had fun!

Attachments

• 100_1086.JPG
    100_1086.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_1042.JPG
    100_1042.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 86

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
It was fun... My boyfriend & brother had fun on the hey wagon... I tryed to make my arab dance like lastyear but it didnt work.. i got her to prance and dance though... My Bf said from the hey wagon we looked good... He has made a new buddy.. Amira fell asleep on his sholder when he was holding her while i untacked her... It was fun but cold... :dye: