Annual "hate my boat" day

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Every year. Got handed a $1400 marina bill this morning for all the bottom maintenance and then just finished the miserable job of swapping out 4 $$ very heavy batteries too..they were almost 8 years old. :nomoney:

I'm sure there is a good reason I keep the damned thing.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Every year. Got handed a $1400 marina bill this morning for all the bottom maintenance and then just finished the miserable job of swapping out 4 $$ very heavy batteries too..they were almost 8 years old. :nomoney:

Suck it up big guy.......
We all do....
No whining...

PJay

Best two days of boat ownership is the day you buy and the day you sell. Old saying, but truth.

nutz

If the batteries were 200 each, the total averages out to only $.0034 per minute. Damn near free.

Without batteries, a mere $.0027 per minute

Last edited:

Hannibal

Do what I did ........ sell it. I handed mine off earlier this season. Haven't looked back. If I want to go out, it's far cheaper and far less of a hassle to hire (or even rent) a boat.

Fishing trips are a breeze ...... call some buddies, charter a boat, catch fish (usually with far greater success mind you), go home. No prep. No cleaning. No maintenance. Far cheaper to charter a boat a few times a year than it is to continually maintain it (let alone store it).

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Do what I did ........ sell it. .

It's sentimentally attached. That..and we took it across the river last evening to refuel, pump out, and check out a new restaurant. A beautiful evening for a boat trip...reminding me again about the upside.
So the love-hate relationship will continue for now.:buddies:

Marinette.jpg