Another "Blame Bush" instead of "Blame Newsweek" article.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
The left never ceases to amaze me, and the fact that it's from the WP doesn't surprise me at all. And they still seem to think that Saddam was this nice grandfatherly fellow.

"The Newsweek Koran-in-a-john controversy--a sad tale--has been seized upon by the White House, the Pentagon and the State Department, which are exploiting this situation for their own advantage. That's politics. For instance, earlier today--before Newsweek editor Mark Whitaker issued a one-sentence retraction of the 10-sentence item--Scott McClellan, White House press secretary, declared:

"'It's puzzling that while Newsweek now acknowledges that they got the facts wrong, they refused to retract the story. I think there's a certain journalistic standard that should be met and in this instance it was not.'

"Yes, we all know how much McClellan and the White House are addicted to truth and honesty--especially when it comes to the war on terrorism. Seems to me that with a few slight amendments McClellan's remark might also apply to another institution that got an even bigger story wrong:

"'It's puzzling that while Bush and the White House now acknowledge that they got the facts wrong, they refused to retract the war. I think there's a certain presidential standard that should be met and in this instance it was not.'

linkage: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2005/05/18/BL2005051800572.html

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Doesn't amaze me. The minority always uses fantastic and shocking ways to try and discredit the majority. When a dem gets in office, we'll see the same from the right. Where you sit on the left/right scale determines your reaction to said event. Like I've said many time, it's all about perspective.

willie

Bustem' Down said:
Doesn't amaze me. The minority always uses fantastic and shocking ways to try and discredit the majority. When a dem gets in office, we'll see the same from the right. Where you sit on the left/right scale determines your reaction to said event. Like I've said many time, it's all about perspective.
What the "Left" has been doing recently is on the verge of un-American, you will never see that from the "Right". The media is overwhelmingly "Left" and has pushed the envelope at dividing an already fractured America. If you can stomach it, take a listen to AirAmerica for just a few minutes. That is pure hate. I'm surprised they don't have a flag burning ceremony at noon time.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
willie said:
What the "Left" has been doing recently is on the verge of un-American, you will never see that from the "Right". The media is overwhelmingly "Left" and has pushed the envelope at dividing an already fractured America. If you can stomach it, take a listen to AirAmerica for just a few minutes. That is pure hate. I'm surprised they don't have a flag burning ceremony at noon time.

I'm tellin' ya, you gotta read Arthur Goldberg's ARROGANCE. He was in the belly of the beast for years and knows where the lefties live.