Another Direct TV Thread

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
OK, I understand that Direct TV is giving up a lot of channels on Nov 1st...Speed, Fox, Fuel etc.etc.etc.. Before I do, has anyone called DTV to find out what is going on? If so, what is anyone going to do about it? Are you going to DISH TV, Comcast? I don't know what to do...I like my DTV and have had it for a long time with no problems at all....I am sure I still have some time on a contract or something but as far as I am concerned, they are breaking the contract, not me....Need some insight on this...Anyone?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
They have a website..

I think it's ourpromisetoyou.com or something...they advertise it on the channel menu. They aren't "getting rid" of the channels..but their contract is up and fox wants to raise prices..soo they have told them they don't want to. This happens often and happened a few years ago when I had comcast with another channel. They came to an agreement before the "cut off" date and my service was never affected. That's what will probably happen. Several people I know are complaining and threatening to switch providers..but thats exactly what fox wants..so that the providers will continue to let them raise the price, and of course..the raise in our bills that go a long with it.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
OK, I understand that Direct TV is giving up a lot of channels on Nov 1st...Speed, Fox, Fuel etc.etc.etc.. Before I do, has anyone called DTV to find out what is going on? If so, what is anyone going to do about it? Are you going to DISH TV, Comcast? I don't know what to do...I like my DTV and have had it for a long time with no problems at all....I am sure I still have some time on a contract or something but as far as I am concerned, they are breaking the contract, not me....Need some insight on this...Anyone?
These are the the disputed channels, personally the only things I'll notice are the FX and NG channels. I'm sure I've watched FMC, but I couldn't say when. As for the rest, I think I may have them blocked out.
Fox Deportes
Fox Movie Channel
Fox Soccer
FuelTV
FX
National Geographic
Speed

Katt

Mo' Money, Mo' Money, Mo' Money! that's all it's about. I'm not switching regardless. My family loves Directv, plus we live off the road, hence, no cable. Besides, I've heard bad stories about comcast/metrocast and Dish too. I think Directv has the most HDTV channels anyway.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
These are the the disputed channels, personally the only things I'll notice are the FX and NG channels. I'm sure I've watched FMC, but I couldn't say when. As for the rest, I think I may have them blocked out.
Fox Deportes
Fox Movie Channel
Fox Soccer
FuelTV
FX
National Geographic
Speed

:bawl:

LordStanley

I know nothing
I cant deal without FX and NG! Dont take Archer away from me, corperate douchbags... Oh and Its always Sunny :bawl:

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Mo' Money, Mo' Money, Mo' Money! that's all it's about. I'm not switching regardless. My family loves Directv, plus we live off the road, hence, no cable. Besides, I've heard bad stories about comcast/metrocast and Dish too. I think Directv has the most HDTV channels anyway.

I've heard bad things about DirectTV.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I have had very good luck with DTV....I know they probably have some bad points but I have had them for years with nothing but good things to say....Maybe I need to try something different so I can compare....Maybe they have been screwin me all the time and I thought I liked it...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I've heard bad things about DirectTV.
Had them for more than a decade with no major complaints. It has more channels than I'll ever watch, so I'm certain there's something on there for just about anyone.During the hurricane, we lost signal for about 10 minutes and it came right back.

I was watching WAY too much TV and spending WAY too much for it, so I dropped everything, and don't miss it. I have a simple antenna and get 4 broadcast channels, and ABC, CBS, FOX and CW.

I watch a lot of DVDs.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I was watching WAY too much TV and spending WAY too much for it, so I dropped everything, and don't miss it. I have a simple antenna and get 4 broadcast channels, and ABC, CBS, FOX and CW.

I watch a lot of DVDs.

:yeahthat:

Plus if you have Netflix and HuluPlus you can catch a lot of the tv shows and some channels post their shows on the internet a day or so after they've been on tv.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Got a letter today

Dear Customer,

As you may have heard, DIRECTV has been in talks with News Corp./Fox about continuing to carry Fox-owned channels. We're pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached. There will be NO service interruption. All channels will remain on the air, including:

FX
National Geographic Channel
Nat Geo WILD
SPEED
FUEL TV
FOX Soccer
FOX Soccer Plus
FOX Deportes
Fox regional sports networks
Fox News channel
Fox Broadcasting (FOX)
Fox Business Network
Fox Movie Channel
Your local FOX station

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

DIRECTV

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
They have a website..

I think it's ourpromisetoyou.com or something...they advertise it on the channel menu. They aren't "getting rid" of the channels..but their contract is up and fox wants to raise prices..soo they have told them they don't want to. This happens often and happened a few years ago when I had comcast with another channel. They came to an agreement before the "cut off" date and my service was never affected. That's what will probably happen. Several people I know are complaining and threatening to switch providers..but thats exactly what fox wants..so that the providers will continue to let them raise the price, and of course..the raise in our bills that go a long with it.

Yeah, called it. :dingding: Now can everyone stfu about "im switching how dare they" :eyebrow: