Another hair color question

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I've mixed the stuff up. It's supposed to be medium brown, but when I mix it up, the mixture is white. Is that correct or am I gonna end up with white hair?

Debbie92454

If it is kinda toffee color then you should be fine. If it is just white though then somethings wrong because isn't the stuff white before you put the coloring in it?

lovinmaryland

That is NOT the answer I was looking for. Actually, it's not completely white, kind of really light toffee colored.

Why dont you try a piece underneath by your neck and see what happens. That way it will be hidden if it doesnt turn out right.

ShyGirl

Oh, I had a white mixture applied to my hair before.

My only concern, after the fact, was the bundles of purple thatches. The good news was that it only took a few months for it to fade.

:lmao:

squidword

That is NOT the answer I was looking for. Actually, it's not completely white, kind of really light toffee colored.

the color of the mixture is not what color it will be, the main question you should be asking is did i buy the right dye? what color is your hair now and what are you going for

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
If it is kinda toffee color then you should be fine. If it is just white though then somethings wrong because isn't the stuff white before you put the coloring in it?

It was light light light toffee. I was going for brunette. I just dumped the stuff down the sink cause when I set the spoon in the sink that I mixed it with, it appeared to start eating the porcelin away. I am not putting that in my hair.:lmao:

off to get that 24 shampoo stuff.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
I dye my hair dark brown and my dye is usually really light brown. you should be fine. The longer it sits in the bottle mixed the darker it will get.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Too late. It has been dumped. :lol: I didn't like the smell either. I have very fine hair. I was afraid it was going to damage it.....

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Too late. It has been dumped. :lol: I didn't like the smell either. I have very fine hair. I was afraid it was going to damage it.....

The color can take a few minutes to develop and that's why you saw the "white" color. Did you get permanent or semi? Semi is much better for your hair.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
The color can take a few minutes to develop and that's why you saw the "white" color. Did you get permanent or semi? Semi is much better for your hair.

It was permanent. And after I dumped it down the drain, there were some purple spots in the sink I had to scrub out. I think it would have been way too harsh for my hair, given it kind of eats porcelin.......

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
It was permanent. And after I dumped it down the drain, there were some purple spots in the sink I had to scrub out. I think it would have been way too harsh for my hair, given it kind of eats porcelin.......

Thats some mighty strong dye. What brand was it?

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!

The color you saw, the light toffee is normal, as it oxidizes it turns pretty dark...now eating the porcelin isn't too comforting....:lmao:

fumanfyter

it shouldn't really damage your hair if you're going darker, its when you're lightening it that it does the real damage. and the color does turn darker the longer its in the bottle/bowl. most of the time the color that you see it turn is the base color, so for ex. if it turnes purple its because its a violet base. also it will stain if it stays on plastic/clothes etc. it wouldn't "eat" the porcelin but yes it could stain that also if let sit. next time just dump the color down the toilet :yay: if you ever have any questions pm me.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
it shouldn't really damage your hair if you're going darker, its when you're lightening it that it does the real damage. and the color does turn darker the longer its in the bottle/bowl. most of the time the color that you see it turn is the base color, so for ex. if it turnes purple its because its a violet base. also it will stain if it stays on plastic/clothes etc. it wouldn't "eat" the porcelin but yes it could stain that also if let sit. next time just dump the color down the toilet :yay: if you ever have any questions pm me.

Darkening hair does its share of damage, it still usually consists of 20 peroxide, it still opens the hairs cuticle and then deposits color. Lightening does the same and then more if there is an addition of bleach.