Another head on collison again mmm, i wonder how it happened?

Yes, here we go with yet another head on collision. My prayers are out to all involved, including the person that caused it. Becoming seriously injured or losing a life is a terrible thing. I am a survivor of a head on collision. "I am one of the very, very few". Most die from heads-ons at a high speed. Lets hope the combined speed was not very high. It would improve the survival chances. Head on collisions or going off the road and hitting a tree, pedestrians, bicyclists, telephone poles, electric poles, parked cars, etc. all have something in common. Distracted driving. When do people get the message?

Hollywood, MD - At 7:15 a.m. authorities in St. Mary's County reported a motor vehicle collision on Hollywood Road near Morgan Road. Three motor vehicle occupants are reportedly trapped. The crash is being described as a head-on collision. Motorists should avoid the area until further notice.

A helicopter has been dispatched to the area to transport the three injured motorists. The chopper will be landing at Dorsey Park.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
That's awful. And its a straight of way there. Ya just never know.

That is interesting that you say that. I used to drive (in my 40+ years looking straight ahead), but now, with all the distracted driving, I look to my left to watch for drivers crossing the line. I will be damned if I die from some stupid distracted driver. My driving history is perfect, and that will be on my tombstone. I will die from something else. I want to say that you should be more cautious.

I have swerved many times over the years to give the distracted driver(s) my share of the road.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
That is interesting that you say that. I used to drive (in my 40+ years looking straight ahead), but now, with all the distracted driving, I look to my left to watch for drivers crossing the line. I will be damned if I die from some stupid distracted driver. My driving history is perfect, and that will be on my tombstone. I will die from something else. I want to say that you should be more cautious.

I have swerved many times over the years to give the distracted driver(s) my share of the road.

you should aware of the hemisphere - 360 degrees around the vehicle and also above the road - such as low handing and airborne objects.

beachcat

I need a nap

then I'm going to come by with a sharpie and add, "forum nut"

glhs837

Power with Control
you should aware of the hemisphere - 360 degrees around the vehicle and also above the road - such as low handing and airborne objects.

Yep, a full threat scan is imperative. Left, right, up, down. And as far out as you can. Most folks drive in a small "bubble", the worst only concern themselves the car immediately ahead of them, anything outside a 15-20 foot distance doesn't exist. These are the perpetually surprised drivers, they only brake when the car directly ahead of them does, they slam on the brakes when a car crosses their path, no matter if they could really continue in safety by just shedding a few mph a bit earlier. They make rapid multiple lane changes because they don't plan or look ahead.

The goal should be to slip through traffic like a dancer across a crowded floor, not like a football player headed for the quarterback. Or a kid going after a piñata. But you can only achieve that smoothness by getting your awareness out there a 1/4 mile or so. And knowing your patterns for local and highway traffic.

SoMDGirl42

It was a family member involved. Not a head on. One car pulled out in front of the other. The occupants of both vehicles are ok.