Another new restaurant?

luvmygdaughters

Coming home from work yesterday, happen to notice there is a sign in front of the Bottom of the Hill restaurant in Leonardtown, advertising Happy Seafood House coming soon. I dont know what it is about that location, but, restaurants dont seem to make it there.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Coming home from work yesterday, happen to notice there is a sign in front of the Bottom of the Hill restaurant in Leonardtown, advertising Happy Seafood House coming soon. I dont know what it is about that location, but, restaurants dont seem to make it there.
This time it was not the location, but the owner. He has a track record of opening a restaurant, having a good 3-5 year run then shutting it down and selling it off. Then in a couple of years he'll re open a new one and do the same thing. Since 1996 I think he has had at least 4 restaurants that he has operated in this fashion.

Now "Happy Seafood" will not last 2 years.

luvmygdaughters

Wouldn't that make 3 in the same shopping center? Happy Dragon, the Chinese Food Buffet place, and now this Seafood place??
Well, technically Happy Dragon is in the Food Lion shopping center, the Chinese Buffet is in the McKays shopping center, but yes it would make 3 oriental places in very close proximity to each other. Still not sure if its going to be an oriental joint.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wow...this has to be what?..the sixth?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
This time it was not the location, but the owner. He has a track record of opening a restaurant, having a good 3-5 year run then shutting it down and selling it off. Then in a couple of years he'll re open a new one and do the same thing. Since 1996 I think he has had at least 4 restaurants that he has operated in this fashion.

Now "Happy Seafood" will not last 2 years.
I read that somewhere on Facebook among with several other "theories" and guesses. One said the owner's last restaurant was The Leonardtown Grill. I saw a post from a Robyn Brown saying they had sold the restaurant, but I don't know who "they" are.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Or a nail salon or mexican restaurant :sarcasm:. Still waiting for an authentic Italian restaurant...and please, dont come to me with Olive Garden!
buffet, people like buffets, all you can eat buffets.

People wouldn't know what to do in an authentic Italian restaurant.
First, there are no "meals" or combination platters.
You have your Insalata, Anitpasti, Pasta, Pesce, etc.
If you want to do it really Italian, you start from the top, and you share. it becomes a family style meal with lots of wine and hours of good conversation and fun.

luvmygdaughters

First, there are no "meals" or combination platters.
You have your Insalata, Anitpasti, Pasta, Pesce, etc.
If you want to do it really Italian, you start from the top, and you share. it becomes a family style meal with lots of wine and hours of good conversation and fun.
Had a friend years ago that knew a family in Baltimore's "Little Italy" area that had a restaurant. It was the best food and time I ever had in a restaurant. Red checked cloth tablecloth, wax dripped chianti bottles as candle holders, fresh baked bread, they kept bringing out bowls of food and bottles of wine. This was back in the late 70's early 80's, but I can still taste the veal scallopini and chicken piccata and dont even get me started on the mussels!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Bring on the cheap feed troughs and people will flock to them. Hence why the McChain's around here are booming and drive-thru lines are packed.

And no, they wouldn't know how to act and would complain about the price, about how long it took and the small portion size. Good food isn't cheap nor is it mass produced. I personally prefer to have an experience where you dine leisurely, enjoying the food and ambiance of the restaurant.