Another new restaurant?

tipsymcgee

When I read the first post I thought "Happy Ending Seafood House", just as a joke, but then I came to these two posts, and you know what? If there were a high end gentlemen's club around here it may well be just what this area needs. All joking aside, I would love to go to a four star restaurant for a steak and lobster dinner and watch an attractive woman (with NO tattoos or at least very tasteful) dance and not have to tolerate screaming children or their mothers, nor their tattoo necked ex-con boyfriends. I'd gladly pay a $100 cover charge to keep the rif-raf out.
I'm sure it's been thought of and maybe even planned, but problem is the liquor board probably won't give out a license to a new business such as that. I think one in Charles County recently got denied. The last one in Charles County, Choo-Choos, operated with a BYOB permit but that just isn't the same business. This ain't Baltimore, you don't have endless 20 year old girls dying to make money that way.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Just to take this joke from bad to ridiculous,

Make it an Oxygen Bar / Gentlemen's Club with a BYOB - is that Bring Your Own Bong?

Since it's in So. MD, in SMC. I think instead of a champagne room, they should have the 10oz Bud Light room.
In place of VIP, SMIB.

I watch too many cops and robber shows on TV.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
When I was bidding years ago on Point No Point Lighthouse, the Enterprise came to interview me about what I was going to do with it. I told them I was going to turn it into a high end gentleman's club.

They never printed it.....thank goodness

BernieP

Resident PIA
When I was bidding years ago on Point No Point Lighthouse, the Enterprise came to interview me about what I was going to do with it. I told them I was going to turn it into a high end gentleman's club.

They never printed it.....thank goodness
I don't know, reading the reactions would have been fun.

Maybe you should have told them it was the first point on your areal tramway to Wallops Island.
Alternative Bay Crossing

Grumpy

I wonder why no one has started up at the Cheeseburger In Paradise building in Wildewood. That should be a hot location.
They want 15K a month. Greene Turtle looked at it and backed out. Chain restaurants are not growing now, and the rent, plus new equipment, plus remodel to make it not look like Cheeseburger is too much for most smaller places.
Sounds like they lowered the lease or Greene Turtle is gonna pay what they want.

BernieP

Resident PIA
:yawn: Another chain, mediocre, overpriced, burger joint. I want an authentic Italian restaurant...is that too much to ask????:sshrug:
Yes
I don't think people know what that is. Give it an Italian sounding name and sell pasta and pizza and it's "Italian".
Same think with "Mexican' restaurants. Most places don't sell traditional Mexican dishes, the things we ordered were all created in the US.
The only thing that came from Mexico and it was a a border town, was nachos. Story is that a group of Americans go into the bar and asked for something to eat, all the place had was some flat bread and cheese. So they cut up the bread, deep fried it and then topped it with the cheese.
The majority of people are not familiar with true ethnic cuisine, what we have grown up with is Americanized foods with ethnic names.

luvmygdaughters

Failed in PF and now they want to try in St. Mary's.
I think a Hooters, a Twin Peaks or a Tilted Kilt would be just what they doctor ordered.
Good, healthy food in a fun family environment.
The one in La Plata is still open, which amazes me. The food is nothing special and prices are too high for the quality of food. Hmmm...not sure about you definition of "Family Friendly" restaurants. :whistle::lmao:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Failed in PF and now they want to try in St. Mary's.
I think a Hooters, a Twin Peaks or a Tilted Kilt would be just what they doctor ordered.
Good, healthy food in a fun family environment.
Twin Peaks would be amazing!

BernieP

Resident PIA
Twin Peaks would be amazing!
I had to make a quick trip to Albuquerque a couple years ago. There was a Twin Peaks next door to my hotel.
Food wasn't bad, beer was good, but the view was amazing.
Tilted Kilt isn't too bad either.
Hooters would fit in well in the Park. :barf: