Another One Bites the Hydrant

black dog

Free America
Prince George's does have a paid professional fire department. The story doesn't say whether this was a volunteer or paid department truck.

This is not the first large piece of equipment that PG has rolled over.
One of my bil"s younger brothers rolled a PG hook & ladder 30 years ago as a volunteer. Hes a piece of work.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
I grew up very near there and went to high school with guys who volunteered at Silver Hill VFD. I wonder if any of them are still there? They'd be in their late 50's now.

officeguy

Prince George's does have a paid professional fire department. The story doesn't say whether this was a volunteer or paid department truck.

This is one of the county owned pieces assigned to station 29. Station 29 (Silver Hill) is officially a volunteer fire department, however they are not one of the few all-volunteer stations. They have staffing from both volunteers and PGFD 'paidmen'. So it could have been either, career or volly driver.

(Not sure why I am quoting you, must have fat-fingered it. We are saying the same thing)

Last edited:

mdff21

Truck 29 is part of company 29, Silver Hill Volunteer Fire Dept.
Baden Volunteer Fire Department (Co. 36) has career staffing around the clock as does Silver Hill and most others that have VOLUNTEER as part of their department name!

Last edited:

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
This thread is interesting from the perspective of how many of you bitch and complain about Prince George's County all the time but have so much intimate knowledge of the fire stations and their staffing while living in SoMD.

And yes, I'm a prick in real life, too. In fact, I'm more polite on-line.