Another reason CNN isn't really a news source.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
This time, it's Navy Secretary Richard Spencer who's out, apparently because he disagreed with the President's efforts on behalf of Eddie Gallagher, a Navy SEAL who killed a teenager in his care in Iraq in 2017 and then posed for photos with the body. But Secretary of Defense Mark Esper has a different version of events -- that Spencer went out of the chain of command to negotiate with the White House over a review of the case. And Trump has a third -- that he wasn't satisfied with how the SEAL's case has been handled at all.

He was found not guilty and in fact another guy has admitted to killing him, but still reporting it as if he's guilty. This could be libelous at this point.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They all need to get their asses sued off and in fact they should be shut down. All CNN is is a propaganda outlet - they haven't been real news in decades. MSNBC has always been a joke - an angrier version of SNL - but CNN was supposed to be a true news channel.

Hijinx

He was found not guilty and in fact another guy has admitted to killing him, but still reporting it as if he's guilty. This could be libelous at this point.

That story didn't suit CNN so they just ignored the facts. It sure sounds libelous to me.
But CNN has never had much respect for truth.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I am thrilled Trump did what he did in Gallagher's case (and the other two, for that matter). But not because I fully support Gallagher being innocent. Yes, he was acquitted, but....

I'm thrilled because Gallagher's case became much, much more than the charges against him. Navy JAG was criminal in its prosecution (wrt both competence and professional behavior) and Navy brass was absolutely disobedient/disloyal in its actions following Trump's directives. Gallagher benefited because, in the end, his problems became the lesser of the evils in play.

I agree with Kurt (a fellow Army colonel):

And:

Worth your time if you want to understand this (retired) military officer's (meaning, me) take on this "9 Days In November" BS.

To read more on why "9 Days in November" isn't just about Gallagher go here. I agree with Mike (another fellow Army colonel):

All three are worth the read.

--- End of line (MCP)

BOP

I am thrilled Trump did what he did in Gallagher's case (and the other two, for that matter). But not because I fully support Gallagher being innocent. Yes, he was acquitted, but....

I'm thrilled because Gallagher's case became much, much more than the charges against him. Navy JAG was criminal in its prosecution (wrt both competence and professional behavior) and Navy brass was absolutely disobedient/disloyal in its actions following Trump's directives. Gallagher benefited because, in the end, his problems became the lesser of the evils in play.

I agree with Kurt (a fellow Army colonel):

And:

Worth your time if you want to understand this (retired) military officer's (meaning, me) take on this "9 Days In November" BS.

To read more on why "9 Days in November" isn't just about Gallagher go here. I agree with Mike (another fellow Army colonel):

All three are worth the read.

--- End of line (MCP)
I read the first two articles...yesterday, I think. I'll read the third directly. I always appreciate your viewpoint. I absolutely agree: heads should roll over this (and other things), and not because they're not "yes" men - as was the case when Obama held office.

I've also been saying for some time that Trump should take off at least the top two layers in every agency in the federal government; that is, the SES and the GS-15 (unless there are layers I'm not thinking of). Especially true for the alphabet agencies - put the fear of god into all of them.

Yooper

(a) I read the first two articles...yesterday, I think. I'll read the third directly. I always appreciate your viewpoint. I absolutely agree: heads should roll over this (and other things), and not because they're not "yes" men - as was the case when Obama held office.

(b) I've also been saying for some time that Trump should take off at least the top two layers in every agency in the federal government; that is, the SES and the GS-15 (unless there are layers I'm not thinking of). Especially true for the alphabet agencies - put the fear of god into all of them.
(a) I think you'll find the third article really good. And thank you.

(b) I can't say I disagree. On one hand, there's the political bias angle (which I hate), but on the other there's the "we know better" angle (which I hate even more). Call it "Deep State," call it "bureaucratic elite," I don't care. Bottom line, the mindset that engenders it sucks. And lacks honor.

--- End of line (MCP)

Reactions: BOP

Yooper

Want to know why many on The Left continue to believe/are misinformed about the Gallagher case? The article headline (below the photo of Green) is laughable enough, but take a look at the line below the article headline. This would be really funny if it wasn't so seriously wrong. (From my inbox this a.m.)

(The first of the "recommended reads" is also quite the hoot. One can debate whether Yahoo! leans (heavily) Left (I think it's clear it does), but what can't be debated is how much it hates Trump.)

--- End of line (MCP)