ANOTHER Sexual Assault In Crofton

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
AAPD has arrested Brannon Joel Powell for sexually assaulting a teen who was selling newspapers in his neighborhood. Powell is a DC Schools employee.

Granted, the police got him (again kudos to the police) but what the hell is going on in Crofton?

Crofton is right over the line from PG county. It's just a matter of time. Just as the sewage spilled down to Waldorf, it will soon spread to AA CO. In time it will spread to Calvert and maybe even St. Mary's.

bohman

AAPD has arrested Brannon Joel Powell for sexually assaulting a teen who was selling newspapers in his neighborhood. Powell is a DC Schools employee.

Granted, the police got him (again kudos to the police) but what the hell is going on in Crofton?

I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but I'm not. I used to live in that neighborhood (a quick look at Google map shows less than a 1/4 mile from this crime scene), and I have never lived anywhere else that had more kids going door-to-door selling stuff. Magazines, food, junk of all kinds. At least twice a week, there'd be another kid knocking on my door.

Sadly, I think that it was only a matter of time before one of them knocked on the wrong door, and a predator invited them in. If the allegations are true, that guy should be dragged through the streets.

kelb

art imitating life
I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but I'm not. I used to live in that neighborhood (a quick look at Google map shows less than a 1/4 mile from this crime scene), and I have never lived anywhere else that had more kids going door-to-door selling stuff. Magazines, food, junk of all kinds. At least twice a week, there'd be another kid knocking on my door.

Sadly, I think that it was only a matter of time before one of them knocked on the wrong door, and a predator invited them in. If the allegations are true, that guy should be dragged through the streets.

Thats the saddest thing I have ever heard?

bcp

In My Opinion
Crofton is right over the line from PG county. It's just a matter of time. Just as the sewage spilled down to Waldorf, it will soon spread to AA CO. In time it will spread to Calvert and maybe even St. Mary's.
BINGO!!!

We have even had a few break-ins in the neighborhood down the road from me in Davidsonville, they are always traced back to the PG filth sneaking over the bridge.

jfrenaye

It is an outrage, I mean when I was a kid we sold the fundraisers and all that door to door and the worst fear we had was the crabby neighbor that hated kids.

I am petrified to allow my kids to knock on any door. But this is also a good wake up for those living in suburbia thinking that it could never happen here. Wake up--it can, it does, and it will