Another shooting in not so great mills.

kickstand

De omnibus dubitandum est
When we moved here in 2006, we were renting in Westbury West on Bolden Court. About three months into the lease there was a shooting two streets over. Estranged husband killed wife's boyfriend, shot her in the leg and then went out into the road and killed himself. The week prior there was a riot at the Wawa (I think it's called the Quick Stop now). We moved as soon as we could.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I almost bought a house back there and everyone was like "Noooooooo!"
I DID by a house back there when it was first built, back when it was still a cute little community close to work, shopping, and restaurants. It was a great time in my life, and I loved living there. Now, it's a lot less desirable area, and I'm glad that I sold when I did.

FED_UP

Likely over drugs, these guys been popping up everywhere. I know in Heards Estate on Brigantine court culdesac there are people down there selling drugs for the past year or more, it's pretty obvious even though they try to hide it. I used to live in Westbury in that area years ago and not anything crazy like that was going on. There were 2-3 shootings on Clipper Drive in Heard's this past year, it started when one family moved in, now they left, I assume the shootings will stop for now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Its a Sheriff's office right? Why do people keep voting for the same Sheriff then?

The Sheriff isn't the problem, neither are the cops. They can arrest these people all day long, but if the States Attorney kick the case out or the judge gives PBJ instead of jail time there's nothing they can do but arrest these people again next time. They don't like it either.

When you see these people getting arrested over and over and over without getting any meaningful punishment, that's not the cops' fault.

Natron0915

When we moved here in 2006, we were renting in Westbury West on Bolden Court. About three months into the lease there was a shooting two streets over. Estranged husband killed wife's boyfriend, shot her in the leg and then went out into the road and killed himself. The week prior there was a riot at the Wawa (I think it's called the Quick Stop now). We moved as soon as we could.

I lived on Wilcutt St when those things happened. It was where we chose to rent after first moving for a job at Pax. Thought the neighborhood was nice and very convenient to the base. We made it 8 whole months before getting the hell outta dodge.

PeoplesElbow

The Sheriff isn't the problem, neither are the cops. They can arrest these people all day long, but if the States Attorney kick the case out or the judge gives PBJ instead of jail time there's nothing they can do but arrest these people again next time. They don't like it either.

When you see these people getting arrested over and over and over without getting any meaningful punishment, that's not the cops' fault.
There are things they can do that don't involve the courts.

OccamsRazor

Agree with your point however, the sheriff's office is still part of the blame.

That would not be right, they would rather stop me for a tag bulb out.

This is another thing. I have heard of these nonsense maintenance tickets being issued all the time however, I have yet to hear of anyone being issued maintenance tickets for tinting, excess wheel base lengths, etc.