Another unaccompanied minor dies in ICE custody

Sapidus

A 16-year-old unaccompanied migrant died in Texas while in the custody of the U.S. government, officials said Wednesday.

The boy died Tuesday after "several days of intensive care" at a children's hospital, Health and Human Services Spokeswoman Evelyn Stauffer said in a statement to NBC News.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The boy died Tuesday after "several days of intensive care" at a children's hospital,

Your post title is a lie.

They usually are.

Your buddy Barry had those detention facilities built, btw. ;-)

This_person

This is really sad news. No one wants to see a child die.

"No health concerns were observed" by clinicians when the boy arrived at a shelter, and "the minor did not note any health concerns," Stauffer said.

The next morning, the teen "became noticeably ill including fever, chills and a headache," according to the statement.​

Sounds like he became ill while in custody, where the main people he was around were other people trying to break into the country illegally. This should raise concern for us all with respect to the health of the people coming here illegally. Likely a carrier of some bad crap is now in the country, and we'll see more of this. Unless, of course, the right thing is done and the illegal aliens are kept in detention until they can be sent back home.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"No health concerns were observed" by clinicians when the boy arrived at a shelter, and "the minor did not note any health concerns," Stauffer said.

2 days longer getting across the border he would have died in Mexico

Hijinx

1100 people have died recently in an Ebola outbreak in Africa.

It's time we stopped letting people walk across our border. Build the wall.

Sapidus

This is really sad news. No one wants to see a child die.

"No health concerns were observed" by clinicians when the boy arrived at a shelter, and "the minor did not note any health concerns," Stauffer said.​
The next morning, the teen "became noticeably ill including fever, chills and a headache," according to the statement.​

Sounds like he became ill while in custody, where the main people he was around were other people trying to break into the country illegally. This should raise concern for us all with respect to the health of the people coming here illegally. Likely a carrier of some bad crap is now in the country, and we'll see more of this. Unless, of course, the right thing is done and the illegal aliens are kept in detention until they can be sent back home.

Do you not know the term asylum? You should learn it. It will be useful when more intelligent people discuss what is happening at the border with you.

There are idiots spreading measles and other previously eradicated diseases by refusing to vaccinate right here in this country

Stop your fake concern about disease. You are a Xenophobe and don’t care about the health or safety of people from Mexico, Central and South America.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Stop your fake concern about disease. You are a Xenophobe and don’t care about the health or safety of people from Mexico, Central and South America.

It would appear the governments in the places you mentioned don't care about the health and safety of those people either. Otherwise they wouldn't appear on our doorstep pleading for us to save them from a pending death in their home nation. But we all know they are economic migrants here to work and send money home. ANd we have programs in place where they can go to the embassy and request to come here LEGALLY. BTW using 2018 data, 22% of all El Salvadorans in the world, live in the US. 48% of them never finished high school.

You seem to not care about the health & safety of the American people. The folks who have to suffer from the influx of migrants.

Sapidus

It would appear the governments in the places you mentioned don't care about the health and safety of those people either. Otherwise they wouldn't appear on our doorstep pleading for us to save them from a pending death in their home nation. But we all know they are economic migrants here to work and send money home. ANd we have programs in place where they can go to the embassy and request to come here LEGALLY. BTW using 2018 data, 22% of all El Salvadorans in the world, live in the US. 48% of them never finished high school.

You seem to not care about the health & safety of the American people. The folks who have to suffer from the influx of migrants.

Show me how you have done anything but benefit from the cheap labor they provide.

Please sure me where they have made you life worse by coming here.

Just as they can apply for asylum at an embassy they can do the same at the border. Why do you think you get to decide what is best for them? And where they should apply?

Would you like if people from other countries imposed rules and regulations on you?

PsyOps

Pixelated
This part caught my eye: "Stauffer said arrangements were made for the boy's brother and Guatemalan consular officials to visit him while he was in the hospital and his family received updates from hospital staff."

This was an "unaccompanied minor", yet the family received updates on his health status. Where were they if the kid was unaccompanied?

So, this demands the question: what is the point of this post Sap? That it's Trump's fault that this kid got here on his own and began to have health problems? Is there no accountability to the parents that allowed this kid to take this dangerous trek?

There's a special kind of sickness that wants to blame the person you hate rather than who is actually responsible for this kid's demise - the parents.

This_person

Do you not know the term asylum? You should learn it. It will be useful when more intelligent people discuss what is happening at the border with you.

There are idiots spreading measles and other previously eradicated diseases by refusing to vaccinate right here in this country

If they were seeking asylum, they'd do it at an embassy in Guatemala, not by illegally entering the US.

When they're threatening our health, they concern me

Sapidus

If they were seeking asylum, they'd do it at an embassy in Guatemala, not by illegally entering the US.

When they're threatening our health, they concern me

Seeking asylum at the border isn’t illegal.

How has your health been threatened?

Do you concern yourself with people who don’t vaccinate ? They are certainly more of a threat and you wouldn’t want to to be morally and ethically inconsistent would you?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Guess you didn’t read the article. His intake evaluation indicated no signs of illness.

Then how or why is the US responsible for his death

As usual you have no idea what you are talking about

Oh I know EXACTLY What I am talking ..... Say NPC, what is tomorrow's Programming going to be?

Show me how you have done anything but benefit from the cheap labor they provide.

why do you hate Americans and want to enslave brown people as your cheap labor

Would you like if people from other countries imposed rules and regulations on you?

WTF does this even mean ...... of course EVERY Country has its OWN Rules and Regulations

They are certainly more of a threat

Why do you hate Choice ?

“Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus,”

and you wouldn’t want to to be morally and ethically inconsistent would you?

Where do your Derive YOUR Morals and Ethics ?

A Box of Rice Crispies

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
the person you hate rather than who is actually responsible for this kid's demise

as far as I am concerned this 16 yr old is responsible for his own actions and death .......
he travels 2000 miles to drop dead within a couple days of arriving in the US

as I said to Sappy if the trip had taken a few days longer he would have died in Mexico ...
if we utilized Sappy's catch and release program he would have died elsewhere in the country ....

apparently he was that damn sick ... his location or wither he was in custody or not is irrelevant

Sapidus

as far as I am concerned this 16 yr old is responsible for his own actions and death .......
he travels 2000 miles to drop dead within a couple days of arriving in the US

as I said to Sappy if the trip had taken a few days longer he would have died in Mexico ...
if we utilized Sappy's catch and release program he would have died elsewhere in the country ....

apparently he was that damn sick ... his location or wither he was in custody or not is irrelevant
Again. If you read the article you would see he was not I’ll on his intake form. Which indicates he was not receiving proper medical care will being held in a cage