Another very high tide event

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
NOAA is predicting another super-high tidal event to occur very early Monday 18 Jan...calling for only a couple tenths of a foot less than the big one last fall. Will be a lot of flooding of St. George's Island roads.

Hessian

Solomon's...3.9 feet,...about a foot below October's surge. Approx 10 pm Sunday night.

stgislander

PREMO Member
NOAA is predicting another super-high tidal event to occur very early Monday 18 Jan...calling for only a couple tenths of a foot less than the big one last fall. Will be a lot of flooding of St. George's Island roads.
I'm letting you know now I'll be in late Monday morning.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Solomon's...3.9 feet,...about a foot below October's surge. Approx 10 pm Sunday night.
Yep..different tides for different places. I was referring to the prediction for Straits Point (Piney Point) and the whole reason we have our own dedicated prediction model and tide measurement location is to predict the crazy flood tides we get here from time to time....tides that often seemed to have little correlation with normal tide cycle.

Foot's forecast does not capture or include a single bit of what contributes to our local extreme PP tides. Weird but true.