Anthony Fauci Once Again Forced to Basically Call Rand Paul a Sniveling Moron

Bushy23

“Senator Paul, I have never lied before the Congress and I do not retract that statement. This paper that you were referring to was judged by qualified staff up and down the chain as not being gain-of-function…. Senator Paul, you do not know what you are talking about, quite frankly, and I want to say that officially, you do not know what you are talking about…. I totally resent the lie that you are now propagating, Senator, because if you look at the viruses that were used in the experiments that were given in the annual reports that were published in the literature, it is molecularly impossible…. And you are implying that what we did was responsible for the deaths of individual. I totally resent that. If anybody is lying here, Senator, it is you.”

phreddyp

Fauci is a piece of crap ! You would think that he is writing a song the way he keeps changing the lyrics.

ontheriver

“Senator Paul, I have never lied before the Congress and I do not retract that statement. This paper that you were referring to was judged by qualified staff up and down the chain as not being gain-of-function…. Senator Paul, you do not know what you are talking about, quite frankly, and I want to say that officially, you do not know what you are talking about…. I totally resent the lie that you are now propagating, Senator, because if you look at the viruses that were used in the experiments that were given in the annual reports that were published in the literature, it is molecularly impossible…. And you are implying that what we did was responsible for the deaths of individual. I totally resent that. If anybody is lying here, Senator, it is you.”

On ignore you go. Dork

CPUSA

Don't mind showing off your lack of intelligence, do you?

What a pathetic POS

SamSpade

How people feel about Fauci is similar to how they feel - or felt - about Cuomo. At least, at the beginning. When the sh!t is hitting the fan, everyone wants to know that there's someone in authority who's going to fix it, whether it's weather people letting you know about the hurricane passing through, or Giuliani after 9/11. People want to listen to the "guy in charge". And they're comforted by the idea that they know what they're doing.

But like Cuomo, who over time has shown to be good as speaking - but not at all honest - Fauci has been back and forth on just about every aspect of this, from masks and lockdowns to projections and so forth. We call it good science when you can predict - and get it right.

Up until now, Fauci has breezed through 6 administrations, and the last time he had any kind of nationwide challenge to show his mettle - he blew it with H1N1.

When he opens his mouth on Capitol Hill, all the top brass genuflect - because they have NO KNOWLEDGE of the science he waves about with his wand. Except the physicians on the Hill. They know when it's crap.

Oddly enough - I don't take sides in this. Right now, I am not sure I care if there IS culpability on the side of Fauci or the U.S. government regarding gain of function laboratory research in China. I'm pretty convinced this was caused by China. It's like that comedian was saying "wow, giant CHOCOLATE spillage in Hershey PA - do you think it has ANYTHING to do with the giant factory in the middle of town?"

SamSpade

Do you like how the article prefaces its entire content making the case that Fauci is an expert and Paul is not? And his main claim to superiority is - he's been ensconced in a government medical profession for fifty years?

His list of achievements is impressive - but it doesn't appear to have had much to do with actual research or medicine in at least 25 years. And if my meager personal experience is any indicator - it may be another ten years. Publishing material as a consequence of lab research when you're a top medical person often means - you get the credit for work done under your supervision, while you manage the lab.

In a former life, I was a lowly tech at Harvard (I was not a student). I would ask the post-docs about their research when I would go from lab to lab. They often told the same story - they GOT to do their own research under the umbrella of Professor So and So because he was head of the department, but he really doesn't do any of the research, nor does he write the material - but his NAME will appear on the outcome of the research, with their names attached to it. If there's an award - THAT guy will get it. And the recognition, if it's a cure for anything.

I'd ask "well then what do YOU get out of it? You work really long hours. HE gets the credit? Why do you do it?"
"Well it AIN'T the money" some of them would laugh. Many of them said something else - they get to do the research, which is what they want to do, and get paid to do it. After pressing them, they answered "it's the jazz". They liked KNOWING they did it.

Me, I can't judge. I'm not a medical professional. I know from observation that government types can be crooked, lying and mealy-mouthed. I don't hold him in as much esteem as I did at first, because his pronouncements seem more political than scientific. And like a lot of politicians - he gets angry when challenged. UNLIKE a good scientist - who carefully explains the science, even POMPOUSLY, because he wants his hearers to know how smart he is.

Again - smart people like to show how smart they are - guilty people get mad.

SamSpade

Back to the gist of the issue - there's really no doubt whatsoever that the Wuhan lab engaged in "gain of function" research.
Simply put, this is taking viruses and changing its virulence and transmissibility - in PRACTICAL terms - weaponizing it.

As Jon Stewart said :

“A chance?! Oh, my God,” Mr. Stewart replied incredulously. “There’s a novel respiratory coronavirus overtaking Wuhan, China. What do we do? Oh, you know who we could ask? The Wuhan Novel Respiratory Coronavirus Lab. The disease is the same name as the lab. That’s just a little too weird, don’t you think? And then they ask the scientists, like, ‘How did this — so, wait a minute. You work at the Wuhan Respiratory Coronvirus Lab. How did this happen?’ And they’re like, ‘A pangolin kissed a turtle? Hurrrm. … Maybe a bat flew into the cloaca of a turkey and then it sneezed into my chili — and now we all have coronavirus.’ Come on!”

“Oh, my God! Oh, my God,” Mr. Stewart continued. “There’s been an outbreak of chocolatey goodness near Hershey, Pennsylvania. What do ya think happened? ‘Oh, I don’t know. Maybe a steam shovel mated with a cocoa bean?’ Or it’s the f—-ing chocolate factory! Maybe that’s it!”

So - yeah. Occam's Razor - simplest explanation is probably the right one. LIKELY an escape from the lab, whether deliberate, an act of sabotage, accidental or unintentional - it came from there.

In his defense - gain of function can also be used to anticipate CURES in the event of an unexpected outbreak. But Fauci isn't going there, either.

SOMEHOW - NIH has funded gain of function research here, and elsewhere, including Wuhan. And the person most directly in charge, is Fauci, head of the NIAID (part of NIH) for like, 35 years. Maybe he didn't know, but that's not how it works in private industry and it SURE SHOULDN'T (but is, anyway) the way it works in government. YOUR agency screws up, YOU take the fall.

Life in the big city.

SamSpade

I keep reading the texts, because I know when someone intends to lie before the whole world - like the way the NSA did regarding Tucker Carlson, where they used weasel phrases like "not a target" - Fauci dismisses the entire Rand "you funded gain of function in Wuhan" argument with "uh-uh, it is 'molecularly impossible' that THAT research caused COVID".

Classic politician - deny a question that wasn't asked. He didn't ask did your guys create COVID - the lie was whether or not NIH funded gain of function in Wuhan.

Try to remember, this is an adversary. Would you fault someone for funding research in atomic weaponry in IRAN, even if the research did not directly lead to a BOMB?
"Did you fund research in nuclear weapons in Iran?"
"Of course we didn't help them build a bomb".
"With respect sir, that's not what we asked".
"I resent what you're saying - it is molecularly impossible that we helped them MAKE A BOMB"

Reactions: BOP