Anti-war activists protesting...

S

somdebay

Ok...I'm a democrat...I don't like why we went to war in Iraq, but we are there. There is no sense in pulling out now. I am tired of these anti-war people. It is disrespectful to the troops over there fighting for what they believe in. We have to finish what we started. Pulling out makes us look weak in the eyes of the world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070112/ap_on_re_us/iraq_protests

Activists angered by
President Bush's decision to send more troops to
Iraq staged anti-war demonstrations in several major cities Thursday, protesting that the buildup will cause more bloodshed and give insurgents new American targets.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
somdebay said:
Ok...I'm a democrat...I don't like why we went to war in Iraq, but we are there. There is no sense in pulling out now. I am tired of these anti-war people. It is disrespectful to the troops over there fighting for what they believe in. We have to finish what we started. Pulling out makes us look weak in the eyes of the world.
I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear a Democrat say that! :clap:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
somdebay said:

Pulling out is just like sayin': premature evacuation.....

Pushrod

Patriot
Abandoning Iraq is not the answer, but damn if I know what we should do.

I think the only thing that will ever end this is if we can cut our dependence on foreign oil. That slashes their income base and the funding for terrorism abroad. Then let them rot in their own cesspools!

PsyOps

Pixelated
okay, I'm certainly not suggesting we resort to using nukes but think about what we had to do to end WWII with Japan. In the short-term was very painful and messy. But look at the long-term results.

Think about it. We must demoralize our enemy not ourselves.

Pete

Repete
PsyOps said:
okay, I'm certainly not suggesting we resort to using nukes but think about what we had to do to end WWII with Japan. In the short-term was very painful and messy. But look at the long-term results.

Think about it. We must demoralize our enemy not ourselves.
You cannot demoralize someone who has no morals. They are barbarians.

AndyMarquisLIVE

somdebay said:

Problem with the President's Plan: With a November deadline and us telling the insurgents that we're coming into Baghdad to get them will send them into other areas. And a month before the deadline, they'll start a huge wave of well-planned attacks to destabalize the process. They now know that they only have to keep doing this for that much longer before we leave. Bush blamed al-Qaida, Sunni insurgents and Iran for the problems. Not once did he point out the Shi'ite militia led by Moqtada al-Sadr... Once we see that both sides are just as responsible, we can do something.

Problem with the Democrats: They said send more troops and when Mr. Bush does it, they complain. Cutting funding for the war is a bad idea because Mr. Bush will get the money somewhere else anyways. Cutting funding for the war will only result in less money going to protect our soldiers. Steny Hoyer is right, in this war, what Mr. Bush says, goes. As bad an idea as it is, we can't abandon our troops.

R

RadioPatrol

the biggest problem is they will quit killing each other - Shia's and Sunni's - long enough to kill American Crusaders - Oh yeah they are ( Muslims or Islamists ) as a whole are still pissed about - mind you the Crusades were a response to Islamic in cursions into N Europe - ask the Spanish about Muslim aggrestion in the 700's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Age_of_Caliphs.png

</off soap box>

they don't really want or understand democracy - it is a foreign and or evil to Islam - study Islam to know the truth in there world there is no separation of Church and State - Islam is the State ..... in there world

sure alot are tired of the sectarian violence but it will continue once we are long gone ... read history and differances of Shia's and Sunni's

AndyMarquisLIVE

RadioPatrol said:
the biggest problem is they will quit killing each other - Shia's and Sunni's - long enough to kill American Crusaders - Oh yeah they are ( Muslims or Islamists ) as a whole are still pissed about - mind you the Crusades were a response to Islamic in cursions into N Europe - ask the Spanish about Muslim aggrestion in the 700's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Age_of_Caliphs.png

</OFF box soap>

they don't really want or understand democracy - it is a foreign and or evil to Islam - study Islam to know the truth in there world there is no separation of Church and State - Islam is the State ..... in there world

sure alot are tired of the sectarian violence but it will continue once we are long gone ... read history and differances of Shia's and Sunni's

Pulling out NOW is not the option. And what the hell is the Democratic alternative?

R

RadioPatrol

I agree not to pull out just explaining the real fight going on there now ..... certain Democrats want to set a time table to placate the Anti-War Wing of the party b4 elections in '08 to claim a victory for their side - " see we could get out, republicans were stuck in endless fighting " ..... aka the Cindy S' of the leftest ....