Ants

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I'm having such a hard time controlling the little black ants. I bought the terro liquid bait traps I also bought the terro ant stuff that you put around the house and I bought Ortho home defense bug spray. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

glhs837

Power with Control
How long have you been working the problem. The Terro liquid baits can take a few days, as they haul enough poison back to the nest to fill the food chain to the queen, then it take a few more days for the whole nest to die off. And if you are dealing with multiple nests, it can take more time.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
How long have you been working the problem. The Terro liquid baits can take a few days, as they haul enough poison back to the nest to fill the food chain to the queen, then it take a few more days for the whole nest to die off. And if you are dealing with multiple nests, it can take more time.
A while. I even put down thoes little black traps. I'm putting the stuff around the house today I sprayed around the windows and doors. I'm at my wits end.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I'm having such a hard time controlling the little black ants. I bought the terro liquid bait traps I also bought the terro ant stuff that you put around the house and I bought Ortho home defense bug spray. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Organic method -- peppermint essential oil mixed with a bit of water & spray where you see them OR put some peppermint essential oil on cotton balls & tuck them into the corners & places where you see them. It is too strong for their little "smilers" so they avoid it.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Organic method -- peppermint essential oil mixed with a bit of water & spray where you see them OR put some peppermint essential oil on cotton balls & tuck them into the corners & places where you see them. It is too strong for their little "smilers" so they avoid it.
Can you get that any store? Have you used it?

C

czygvtwkr

diatomaceous earth around the perimeter of your house

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Another organic ant killer, half and half powdered sugar and baking soda. They can't seperate the two so they eat them both, the baking soda reacts with the formic acid in the ant and gives them terminal gas.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I discovered that if I use a poison, be it baking powder or chemical, that uses the idea of attracting them to kill them, I attract them faster then the poison is killing them. I end up with more ants then I started out with. I discovered by accident that liquid soap put in their path will keep them away. The same idea as peppermint oil spray... any strong scent that cuts through the scent trail that they leave for each other will confuse them. If you can break the scent trail where they come it, it'll keep them out until they find a way around the interfering scent. Put the scent all around their entry point and they can't find a way around it.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Boric acid...cheap and relaible. Sprinkle it on their pathway.
That only works if they are coming in along the ground. In my experience, they just walk up the wall until they are clear of it and find another way in.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
A while. I even put down thoes little black traps. I'm putting the stuff around the house today I sprayed around the windows and doors. I'm at my wits end.

Setting traps defeats the mechanism of the Terro baits. They have to get the poison back to the nest. Can't happen if the explorers get caught in the traps.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Works for spiders too.

Attachments

• 1897809_728760843829289_6637403949344441571_n.jpg
    1897809_728760843829289_6637403949344441571_n.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 80

Pushrod

Patriot

Plus you have to get the correct Terro for the ants you want to eliminate. I found out that there are ants that like sugary foods and others that don't (go figure) and you have to get the bait designed for the type of ant you are fighting. (If I remember correctly the small red ants are sweet eaters and the black ants like the other type of bait)

pebbles

I get the little black ants EVERY year. Terro has always worked, but not the liquid that you squit out on the little pieces of cardboard. The Terro gel traps are the best. You will see a whole bunch of ants for a day or 2 then they are all gone. Good luck!