Ants

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Should I be concerned about the number of ant colonies in my yard?
As I was mowing the grass yesterday, I must have seen 300-400 ant hills, many of which were within 6-8 feet of the perimeter of the house.

They were the tiny ones, so I'm guessing they're not carpenter ants, but I'm wondering why so many?

They're turning my weedy green yard into a weedy brown yard in some spots. :ohwell:

nomoney

just get some of that bug stuff and spread it on your lawn.

I get some and do it every other year; works good for ticks, spiders and other crap too :yay:

nomoney said:

I get some and do it every other year; works good for ticks, spiders and other crap too :yay:

but arent you the one with the redneck yard....all equiped with a couple of cars on blocks and nekkid chilings running around :shrug:

Evan Stone

As you wish my lady......
gooch said:
but arent you the one with the redneck yard....all equiped with a couple of cars on blocks and nekkid chilings running around :shrug:

What's a gooch anyways?

nomoney said:

Scotts Summer Guard fertilizer and bug killer all in one. $38 and change at BJ's. Comes in a white and orange bag.

nomoney said:

Oh and I forgots about them skunks under your house.....Did ya ever get those suckers out?

N

newtosomd

sleuth said:
As I was mowing the grass yesterday, I must have seen 300-400 ant hills, many of which were within 6-8 feet of the perimeter of the house.

They were the tiny ones, so I'm guessing they're not carpenter ants, but I'm wondering why so many?

They're turning my weedy green yard into a weedy brown yard in some spots. :ohwell:

I use some stuff by Bayer. You can spray it around your house foundation & exterior walls. It says that you can use it inside too, but i'll pass on that.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
sleuth said:

Get yourself some free ranging chickens! :lmao: I know where you can get a few!!
If that isn't an option....Chemical warfare I say...Diazanon, in a jar you hook right up to the hose, and SWOOSH...bye-bye.