Ants

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I know this has been discussed a million times over but my issue is unique so it warrants a new thread. :jameo: I have a wicker basket of clean linens in piggies #2's bedroom. I go to take him out a clean blanket and it's covered in ants. The entire basket is infested, hundreds of the effers! No where else in the entire house. The basket has never had anything in it besides fresh clean sheets/blankets. I'd say about 75% of them were already dead. I assume they were attracted to the fruity/flowery detergent/fabric softner?

Big daddy is doing something tonight. Ick.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Ants are typically attracted to moisture. Thats why you normally see them in the laundry, kitchen or bathroom if they decide to invade your home. Not a big deal. A few Ant Traps will take care of your guests.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Oz said:
Ants are typically attracted to moisture. Thats why you normally see them in the laundry, kitchen or bathroom if they decide to invade your home. Not a big deal. A few Ant Traps will take care of your guests.

I wouldn't say there was any moisture in a basket of clean linens??? I was suprized that they were in that room above all others because we have been in there painting and such. One would figure that would deter them.

Wasn't it you that gave me a hard time about my apple mango tango laundry detergent/fabric softner? It's super sweet smelling. I think it's that they're attracted to. The basket is on an open shelf and was the only thing infested. His dresser is unfinished pine and there was not a trace of an ant anywhere near it even though it's filled with clothes.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
pixiegirl said:
Wasn't it you that gave me a hard time about my apple mango tango laundry detergent/fabric softner?

Yes - about making your man smell like a fruit rollup... :shrug:

And if you remember correctly, I was just jealous that no chick has done my laundry in the last 18 or 19 years since Mom... :ohwell:

dustin

UAIOE
The ants are probably in the walls too. Better have B tear down the walls and kill em with a blowtorch before your house crumbles into peices. Ants hate blowtorches.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
dustin said:
The ants are probably in the walls too. Better have B tear down the walls and kill em with a blowtorch before your house crumbles into peices. Ants hate blowtorches.

Oh - you should stay out of this one... Otherwise your chick will find that fruity laundry detergent too if she hasn't already! :whistle:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Oz said:
Oh - you should stay out of this one... Otherwise your chick will find that fruity laundry detergent too if she hasn't already! :whistle:

Too late. It was his girl that I was telling about the fruity laundry detergent. :lmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
dustin said:

Ok, we're all moving to your house. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Oz said:
I've been using it for over a month, and no ants live at my house....yet.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:
I've been using it for over a month, and no ants live at my house....yet.

Don't try to be cute and put things in decorative baskets instead of dressers and you should be safe. :banghead:

How gross hu?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
Don't try to be cute and put things in decorative baskets instead of dressers and you should be safe. :banghead:

How gross hu?
I've got some things in baskets, but not linens. It would definitely gross me out, but not as much as if it were a snake or something. :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Here's a super secret recipe for ant killer mix that True Value was handing out:

Honey
Peanut Butter
Boric Acid
Small Jar

Take a small jar with a lid (baby food jar works great). Add a small amount of honey and p.b. Then add the boric acid. Mix gradually until a paste forms. Put small holes in the lid of the jar (this is so no other animals are harmed). Place the jar in the trail of ants outside. If you put it under your home, it works best.

I have no idea whether this works or not. I would assume you could do it inside the house, if you put it out of reach of little ones.

jaie

So happy!
Oz said:
Yes - about making your man smell like a fruit rollup... :shrug:

And if you remember correctly, I was just jealous that no chick has done my laundry in the last 18 or 19 years since Mom... :ohwell:
:smack: Feffer I would do your laundry if you let me. Beside I have done it before.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
jaie said:
:smack: Feffer I would do your laundry if you let me. Beside I have done it before.

I think the other forum babes have me scared that my clothes will be soft as a baby diaper and I'll smell like a fruit basket when I put them on... :shrug: I would be happy to teach you to iron though... :yay:

jaie

So happy!
Oz said:
I think the other forum babes have me scared that my clothes will be soft as a baby diaper and I'll smell like a fruit basket when I put them on... :shrug: I would be happy to teach you to iron though... :yay:
:smack: I know how to iron. I'm just not going to iron every piece of clothing you own.