Any adult football or softball leagues around??

wilkie610

I'm pretty new to the area and was wondering if there are any flag football or softball leagues starting up anytime soon? I would like to join some kind of league whenever they start back up. Please let me know

Dave
wilkie610@aol.com

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
wilkie610 said:
I'm pretty new to the area and was wondering if there are any flag football or softball leagues starting up anytime soon? I would like to join some kind of league whenever they start back up. Please let me know

Dave
wilkie610@aol.com
Do you work on base?
I'm on a softball team that is looking for members for a fall league.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Mens slow pitch softball for the Fall already started. Sunday double headers.
Mens league for the spring starts getting together with meetings and such in Janurary.
You need to call the County and get the number for Steve Ramey who is now the league Pres. He will give you names of coaches, then its up to you to call them and attend there meetings which like I said start in Jan. Spring league starts in May. I played down there for 20 yrs. Now I'm in Montgomery County and still attend 2 tourneys in St. Mary's with the boyz up here. Early Bird, Budwieser and the Hooters Invitational in OC. :cheers:
I've got names and numbers at home. You can pm me and I can get them to you in a few days.
Good Luck.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
No... I play for Moe's Tavern, an intramural team. Our team is terrible, because we don't have any pitchers that consistently throw strikes. :ohwell: This fall we are playing a 1-pitch league (everyone starts with a 3-2 count) and doubleheaders every Monday & Wednesday night.

I think the Bombers are a traveling team.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Our team is terrible, because we don't have any pitchers

Wow, Monday and Wednesdays? And double headers on top of that.
Shoot that's all I do is pitch. I play for 3 teams up here and pitch for all them.
One is coed. We played in a tourney this weekend and played 5 games back to back starting at 8:15am, Finished at 4pm.
All the teams did well too. All made into the playoffs.
What time do you all start and where do you play?

:coffee:

Oh the bombers were a mens slowpitch team when I was there.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
unixpirate said:
Wow, Monday and Wednesdays? And double headers on top of that.
Shoot that's all I do is pitch. I play for 3 teams up here and pitch for all them.
One is coed. We played in a tourney this weekend and played 5 games back to back starting at 8:15am, Finished at 4pm.
All the teams did well too. All made into the playoffs.
What time do you all start and where do you play?

:coffee:

Oh the bombers were a mens slowpitch team when I was there.
We were playing 1 game on Tuesdays/Thursdays with a full at-bat. The idea is that with a 1-pitch league, the games should go a lot faster and we can fit 2 in per night.

We usually start around 5 pm and we play at various fields on the base. Schedules for the fall haven't come out yet.

wilkie610

well i forgot to mention that im in waldorf, and i work at NRL in DC, from looking around i too have found that ill probably have to wait till the spring to join anything, thanks alot guys

Dave

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
unixpirate said:
Mens slow pitch softball for the Fall already started. Sunday double headers.
Mens league for the spring starts getting together with meetings and such in Janurary.
You need to call the County and get the number for Steve Ramey who is now the league Pres. He will give you names of coaches, then its up to you to call them and attend there meetings which like I said start in Jan. Spring league starts in May. I played down there for 20 yrs. Now I'm in Montgomery County and still attend 2 tourneys in St. Mary's with the boyz up here. Early Bird, Budwieser and the Hooters Invitational in OC. :cheers:
I've got names and numbers at home. You can pm me and I can get them to you in a few days.
Good Luck.
Ummmmmmmmmm...excuse me, but Steve Ramey is NOT the President of any of the Leagues down here. He is the Umpire Commissioner who assigns umpires for the Leagues down here. He also sets up and is the director for most of the tournaments here. Get your facts before you start dropping names.... and you STOLE my signature line!!!! :shutup:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Ummmmmmmmmm...excuse me

ummmmmmmmmmmm. excuse me! First of all I didn't steal your sig line. I found it on a website probably as u did. So please don't come off with this attitude you have when you don't know me. Its not necassary. :duel: Whom might you be that claims to have a plethora of knowledge?
I know Steve Ramey very well and the rest of gang. It was an honest mistake and I am more then positive he would help the person or anyone that would call.
Donn Rushing was and I "thought" it went in the hands of Steve Ramey. Excuuuuuuuuuse me!
Have a nice day. :kiss: