Any Birds for Adoption????

R

Roxy1104

I really miss having a pet, and since my landlord will not let me have a dog (I really miss Lucy!!!), I thought a bird would be nice. I would like to get a Cockateil but I know they are so expensive. I was hoping to be able to adopt a bird that needs a loving home.

jsouthan

I really miss having a pet, and since my landlord will not let me have a dog (I really miss Lucy!!!), I thought a bird would be nice. I would like to get a Cockateil but I know they are so expensive. I was hoping to be able to adopt a bird that needs a loving home.

Look in the Birds Classifieds sections here: Advertisement - Pets & Animals . I saw a couple of free/inexpensive ones in there that you may want to check out.

R

Roxy1104

Cockatiels are awesome. :yay:

I got my cockatiels! They are really beautiful and they are a pair of breeders. One is all white with a hint of grey on the face, and the other is a pearl. They obviously haven't been hand held much but I'm working with them. They did their "duty" over the weekend. Anyone know how long before she lays eggs?

Cowgirl

I got my cockatiels! They are really beautiful and they are a pair of breeders. One is all white with a hint of grey on the face, and the other is a pearl. They obviously haven't been hand held much but I'm working with them. They did their "duty" over the weekend. Anyone know how long before she lays eggs?

If you're going to breed them, you should probably do a little research. Try finding a book about them, or maybe search the internet.

S

SmowPea

If you're going to breed them, you should probably do a little research. Try finding a book about them, or maybe search the internet.

I plan on it. Just haven't had the time to search the net yet and I don't have a computer at home, so I was looking for a quick answer from someone who does know so I know how much time I have before I get up to speed. Wasn't planning on getting breeders - but that's what was given to me. Besides, it will be an awesome educational experience for both me and my 5 year old!

R

Raven9

I have like 20 birds. My finches only take less than a month after they lay the eggs for them to hatch. You have to get a breeders box for them.
Here is a link that might help.

Cockatiels, Advice From A Breeder

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have an 'OhNo' bird for sale (poor guy lost one leg).
Needs a good home.
Further description to follow.

R

Roxy1104

I have like 20 birds. My finches only take less than a month after they lay the eggs for them to hatch. You have to get a breeders box for them.
Here is a link that might help.

Cockatiels, Advice From A Breeder

Thanks for the link! I got a breeding box on Saturday. They are curiously poking their head in it, but won't go inside it yet? What is the best bedding for the box? I've gotton a lot of varied answers. I was told not to use cedar shavings.

M

Mousebaby

I believe Petco has nesting materials. Try calling them and asking them if they have the correct nesting materials for cockatiels. Good Luck! :howdy: