ANy Clinton Anderson followers?

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I went out to a clinic to watch him today. I have never seen so many people attend a clinic in all of my life!! Wow. Anyone actually take a clinic from him?

calgirl

I went out to a clinic to watch him today. I have never seen so many people attend a clinic in all of my life!! Wow. Anyone actually take a clinic from him?

Yes! He's amazing! My daughter has been a huge fan of his for years. We watch him on the RFD channel every Sunday. We also have seen him at the Horse Expo.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
He's cute too. He rides and I don't think he plays for the other team unlike many hunt seat riding guys.:killingme

Wait4It..boom

He is very cute!!! My husband laughs when he sees me watching the show on the RFD channel. He wonders whether I'm watching for the 'eye candy' or for knowledge sake. ;O)
We just got our tickets for his clinic/tour in Upper Marlboro this summer. They were running a special and each ticket was $12.50 (for both days of the clinic). Not bad!

mingiz

Horse Poor
I saw him up at the show place arena and I like his technics. I will probably go see him again. But the sound system there stinks and it's hard to hear him. I like Chris Cox and Craig Cameron the most though.:yahoo:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
The only thing I couldn't do is tie my horse up for 3 hours after riding him to make the horse not want to go to the barn. I understand the concept, but I couldn't do that. I just make sure I get off in the arena or different places and reward then BEFORE we head toward the barn. I don't have any barn sour horses. Behavior modification....that is all it is about.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
He's cute too. He rides and I don't think he plays for the other team unlike many hunt seat riding guys.:killingme

He is some eye candy and I heard going to be single!!!:dye:
The only thing I really didn't like at his last show was it was like being in an infomercial!!

devinej

yeah infomercials suck.

i have not watched him in particular. i just figured he's kinda like all the other natural horsemanship guys. though an australian accent and a nice looking guy is always more interesting...hmm

recently i saw a demo by Karen Scholl and i really like her way of working with the horse. she was a parelli girl for years but branched out on her own and is doing some cool stuff.

buck brannaman is one of my old favorites. very "to the point", kind of arrogant, but really good at what he does. and he doesn't sell products...

devinej

oh yeah...and i wouldn't tie my horse up like that either...uhhhh....i think there's other ways of doing that...behavior modification, i agree

DQ2B

I'm sorry but I thought he was pretty benign in his methods until this latest crap with him smacking the horses on the head repeatedly.

mingiz

Horse Poor
clinton anderson repeatedly smacked horses on the head?

I have seen him do it but using the palm of his hand to get a horse out of his face and space. But nothing that I wouldn't do. I have never seen him literally smack one. :popcorn:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
RFDtv teaching people to lunge and another episode with a bitless bridle and 2 white sticks smacking the horses on both side of the head.
The sticks are an extention of his arms, not weapons. John Lyons uses the same thing, as does Parelli, he calls them "carrot sticks".

I think they're too heavy, my arm gets tired, I perfer to use a dressage whip. RC uses a lariat.

DQ2B

The sticks are an extention of his arms, not weapons. John Lyons uses the same thing, as does Parelli, he calls them "carrot sticks".

I think they're too heavy, my arm gets tired, I perfer to use a dressage whip. RC uses a lariat.

They can call them whatever they want, imo, they shouldn't be used to smack the horse on the head unless the horse is trying to kill them.

chevylover

PIP ~ My Baby Boy!
On the episode I saw, he was using them to smack the horses in the chest, and then as a reward for when they did what they were supposed to, he'd give them a scratch on their forehead with them. If my guy saw what looked like a whip coming toward his forhead, he'd haul @ss...

fredsaid2

On the episode I saw, he was using them to smack the horses in the chest, and then as a reward for when they did what they were supposed to, he'd give them a scratch on their forehead with them. If my guy saw what looked like a whip coming toward his forhead, he'd haul @ss...

Mine too! We're just not 'natural horseman-ish' enough. :lol: