Any DIY Computer Builders Out There?

awpitt

Main Streeter
That's basically a modern version of what I built in 2018. I used the Ryzen 7-1700 and a 1070ti video card (My previous rig was like 8 years old and had to go). Just upgraded from 16GB RAM to 40GB since prices are low now. Couldn't be happier. I also love that the new system is so quiet (compared to the last one, anyway).

I never knew pcpartpicker.com existed. I always buy everything from NewEgg.

PC Part picker just leads you to sites with the cheapest prices for each part. So, far I've been buying everything through Amazon. I've got the case, B550 MB, M.2 SSD, and the ram so far. I'm going to wait for the RTX3080 or 3070. Plus, AMD is announcing the Ryzen 4000 series on Oct 8th. If nothing excites me there. I'll get the R7 3700X or the 3800X.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So, far I've been buying everything through Amazon. I

My goto used to be Newegg, but with the Rise of Amazon .... I've done 90% of my last 2 builds came from Amazon

I did pickup a few parts from B&H Photo in Manhattan

The prices were the same for the parts .. and there was free shipping so why not spread the wealth

awpitt

Main Streeter
My goto used to be Newegg, but with the Rise of Amazon .... I've done 90% of my last 2 builds came from Amazon

I did pickup a few parts from B&H Photo in Manhattan

The prices were the same for the parts .. and there was free shipping so why not spread the wealth

Yes. I've seen them. PC Part Picker lists them quite often. I just like Amazon. Very easy to deal with.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Jeff Bezos thanks you.

Okay and I tell Jeff Bezos, "You're welcome". If you or anyone else wants to politize Amazon, I don't care. All of their trains come in on time. I order stuff and it shows up on my door step in a day or two. I need to return something, it's done, no questions asked. Amazon is what it is because they do their sh!t right. It's what we call a successful business.

awpitt

Main Streeter
3080 PCIe Gen 3 vs 4

Actually, the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro motherboard I bought does support PCIe Gen 4 for the CPU, GPU, and the first M.2 SSD slot. I bought a 500 GB PCIe Gen 4 SSD for the first M.2 slot and a 1 Tb PCIe Gen 3 SSD for the second slot which run off of the chip set. I took your advice and am going to get an RTX 3080 or 3070 which are both PCIe Gen 4 to plug into the PCIe Gen 4 16 lane slot on the B550 MB.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yes and and a forthcoming ASUS Version with all 6 positions filled with the smaller caps

Grumpy

I watch this guy doing his thing with car builds but he changed up and posted a PC build yesterday. Found it interesting but most went over my head..:lol:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Yes and and a forthcoming ASUS Version with all 6 positions filled with the smaller caps

This launch has been very disaapointing. I'm still trying to decide on the 3080 (founders) or the 3070. That's if they're ever going to be available. I might have to just go for one of the new AMD Navi gpus that will be coming out.