Any "FUNNY MONEY/KIX" fans out there?

somdmusicfan

Mr. Magoo
Why go to Baltimore, when they are playing in St. Marys?

They are going to be playing at Neptunes on August 11th by the bridge, tickets go on sale this week. Only 10 bucks in advance and 15 at the door. Loose kannon is opening for them. HYDRA FX is there on friday the 10th.

Toxick

Splat
somdmusicfan said:
Is anyone out there a fan of the band "FUNNY MONEY" formerly known as "KIX" in the 80's?

Yeah, yeah, yeah! :dude:

Cold shower is playing on my player right now. :larry:

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
I've gone seen them four time now and every time Steve puts on one hell of a show.Some of the jokes he comes up with are funny as hell.

gwa

They are still around ...cool.
I saw Kix the first time I was here when they played at Great mills HS in the ampetheatre about 14 years ago.

Danzig

Just to clear a few things up,

KIX only plays 4 places a year. They do 5 shows every September, this year is no different.

KIX Shows 2007
9/14 & 15 Jaxx, Springfield, VA
9/19 Hardware Bar, York, PA,
9/21 Rams Head Live! Baltimore, MD
9/22 Stinger's/TBA location, Boonsboro/Hagerstown, MD

KIX IS and WAS
Steve Whiteman - VOCALS
Ronnie Younkins - GUITAR
Brian Forsythe - GUITAR
Mark Schenker - BASS (2003-present)
Jimmy Chalfant – DRUMS

Donnie Purnell - BASS (1978-1995) was the original bassist and is the only one that does not participate in the reunion shows.

When not playing with KIX in September, Brian is playing guitar in the hard rock band Rhino Bucket, and Ronnie is fronting and playing guitar in his band The Blues Vultures.

Funny Money Plays all year round and is a great band to see, and $10 or $15 is a great price. They play lots of KIX stuff and Steve ALWAYS puts on a great show. I'll be there.

Funny Money is
Steve Whiteman - Lead Vocals
Rob Galpin - Lead Guitar
Mark Schenker - Lead Bass
Jimmy Chalfant - Lead Drums

Go out and support a local club trying to bring great entertainment to Southern, MD.

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
I saw Steve at daytona's bar and grill in pasadena md a few yaers ago he had a bad case of the flu and he still put on one hell of a show like always.Plus funny money had a guy named Dean play guitar for them and he kicked butt to.He did some of the music for that movie plant of the apes a few years back.He left the band about a year or so to go on his own.If you are a real funny money fan Dean always looked like Axl Rose. FUNNY MONEY ROCKS

somdmusicfan

Mr. Magoo
Funny Money tickets on sale now!

Tickets to the Funny Money and Loose Kannon show are on sale now at Neptunes! Advance tickets are $10 and at the door will be $15. Steve rearranged Funny Money's schedule to set up this show. Hopefully we'll see you at Neptunes!

MiMiMi

gwa said:
They are still around ...cool.
I saw Kix the first time I was here when they played at Great mills HS in the ampetheatre about 14 years ago.
I saw them about 20 years ago when they played at the Warner Theater. I also remember hearing about them at Hammerjacks but I never went there. I have Cold Shower and Blow my Fuse on my MP3 player. What a flashback.

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
I have all of Kix's songs and Funny Money songs on my i pod.I hope they are coming to Neptunes for real.That would be so cool I will be there if they come .

Kerad

<<< didn't read the whole thread >>>

Kix rocked! Are "they" still playing?

Also...speaking of Hamerjacks..is it still around?

Was a HUGE Dirty Looks fan...back in the day.

:larry:

Danzig

Anyone want to ask Steve from Kix a question?
I have to interview him Friday, so........
Ask away.