Any good equine dentist recommendations?

Labs4Me

Does anyone know of a good equine dentist in the area? I haven't had my horse's teeth done since I moved down here so they are due. I have a filly with some big time abuse issues we're working through so I need someone that is quiet and patient- and good! I've found that the vets I've used in the past were always good at specific things- floating and pulling any horse teeth not being one of them. The equine dentist I had been using was great but won't travel this far south. Any recommendations?

spellbound

I discovered that a dentist who is not a veterinarian cannot administer sedatives and you'll have to pay a vet to come out at the same time as the dentist, just to administer the drugs.
One of my horses was way overdue when i first got her and the vet that came out would not float her teeth because the hooks were HUGE and she could not do it by hand.
The one i use now is a vet, has dentistry training/certification, and has her own power tools. She also has an assistant that she brings when she is doing teeth.

Last edited:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
I use Dr. Linda Miller for all my vet/dental needs. She is certified and very good. Little costly though.

DQ2B

Dr. Todd Behre. Specializes in equine dentistry. The man lives to work on equine teeth. 518-281-2157

Last edited: