any good hot tub places?

lil_daisy

Looking at getting a hot tub in the next year or so. Already have the concrete pad out back. Need an electrician and a hot tub. Where are any reputable places? I've looked online. I see a few places have 'em- wallyworld, Home Dep, Lowes, Sam's club and of course the wonderful world of ebay. but no backyard delivery- - these places drop and run at the top of the driveway.

Other than locking top to keep the supercaped kids out when not in use is a must. any other features or any comments on chemical systems? to ozonate or not to ozonate?

:flowers: i want to do this for hubby- he does so much for us- love ya big guy :)

:love:

tes218

lil_daisy said:
Looking at getting a hot tub in the next year or so. Already have the concrete pad out back. Need an electrician and a hot tub. Where are any reputable places? I've looked online. I see a few places have 'em- wallyworld, Home Dep, Lowes, Sam's club and of course the wonderful world of ebay. but no backyard delivery- - these places drop and run at the top of the driveway.

Other than locking top to keep the supercaped kids out when not in use is a must. any other features or any comments on chemical systems? to ozonate or not to ozonate?

:flowers: i want to do this for hubby- he does so much for us- love ya big guy :)

:love:

I've also been looking. We are building a sunroom on our deck and want to include a hot tub. One of the best places I've found so far is Chesapeake Spas, Inc on Solomons Island Road. One thing they offer that is very important is what they call a "wet test". They have several models set up and you can try them all, just bring your bathing suit. It's amazing how different seats feel depending on your height and where you would like the jets to hit. They also offer to set it up inside the sunroom which involves going up a couple of steps onto the deck and they do their own servicing. Something that is hard to find. Most use a third party business. They sell Hot Springs which our electrician says is one of the best that he has worked on. For more information on hot tubs and features, I found http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/hottubs/index.html to be very helpful. People I know that have a hot tub say to get one with an ozonator. Hope this helps.

MikeH

tes- any particular models that you are considering? does the place on Solomon's have a website? I'm 5'2 hubby is slightly taller.

NO JELLYFISH allowed- 3 kids r enuff :) :razz:

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
tes218 said:
They sell Hot Springs which our electrician says is one of the best that he has worked on.

I agree. My research showed the Hot Springs models to be some of the most respected by the people who work on them and install them. I also like the 47 jets and the deep corner seat in the Vista model which is the one we have on order. I'm trying to get my concrete pad in place so we can take delivery real soon. Hot Springs Spas of Washington have been having a sale where they throw in a bunch of free stuff plus give you a 'discount' on the price. Since the price probably includes a cushion to balance out the discount, I would suggest you search for not only price but also included extras. HSS of DC also includes delivery at least to La Plata, don't know about further south. A more local dealer is probably a good thing in case you need their assistance.

tes218

MikeH said:
tes- any particular models that you are considering? does the place on Solomon's have a website? I'm 5'2 hubby is slightly taller.

NO JELLYFISH allowed- 3 kids r enuff :) :razz:

The website for Chesapeake Spa is http://www.chesapeakespas.com. I like a couple of models - one being envoy from HotSprings and another from Tiger River. They sell both brands as they are made from the same parent company.

You can see some of the styles from Tiger River at http://tigerriver.hotspring.com/index_hot_tub_spas.html. They give a percentage toward animals on the brink of extinction. :yay:

You can see some of the Hot Spring models on http://www.hotspring.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tub/index_spa_showroom_hot_tub.html.

I particularly like the moto-message option on the Envoy which has a set of jets that go up and down your back. They come in different depths such as 36" and 38". That is why it is so important to sit in them as even the seats are different heights in the tub. I was in a friend's tub over the weekend and even though I'm 5'10' there was one seat that had the jets hitting my jaw line instead of my neck. Another thing to look at is the size of the space where all of the feet will go. Some are small so legs may end up on top of each other depending on the number of people in the tub. A good rule of thumb is to allow one or two people less than the tub says can fit. So a tub that says will hold 7 really seats about 5 adults comfortably.

My hubby and I will be going for our "wet test" on Thursday evening. :cartwheel

Uncle Charlie

Beer is Good!!!!
A-1 Pool Care

Call A-1 Pool Care in Solomons. Maynard Miller is the owner and a longtime personal friend. His number is 410-326-2904. They have a store with models in Solomons, will deliver and install them and he does all the service work.

I HIGHLY recommend them. He has managed my pool for 3 years and we will be buying our new hot tub from him. We have to replace our current 2-year old tub because it doesn't work corrently and the local company who sold it to us will not fix it or warranty it. No names, just be careful.

Call Maynard, he'll take care of you.