any good seafood or steak houses around

stormer41

new to the area
looking for any good seafood or steak houses. Are there any all you can eat seafood resturants around? And any steak houses that have steaks bigger than 20 oz?

CMC122

Go Braves!
There are lot's of great local seafood restuarants here. Capt. Billy Robinson's over in Charles county has a pretty good all you can eat. We usually avoid all you can eat because the quality isn't always very good.

I have no idea about who has steaks bigger than 20 oz:lol:

Welcome to the area:cheers:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Stoney's Seafood has a few locations. One in PF, one in Broome's Island and one at Solomons.

fttrsbeerwench

one or the other.

I have found that if you want steak, go to a steak house, and for seafood, well you get the idea. Seafood places do steaks funny(yuck). I prefer Outback overall. But seafod places around here are touch and go sometimes. I don't recommend Evan's, but the places in the island are good. I don't even know if Oakwood Lodge is still open, that place did have a good steak and crabcake. I think the huricane wiped it out. BOOHOO

citysherry

I Need a Beer
fttrsbeerwench said:
the willows happens to be my personal fave!

The food was good the one time we tried The Willows but the cigarette smoke, especially if you're a non-smoker, is awful!:frown: The place is way to small for an adequate non-smoking section.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
citysherry said:
The food was good the one time we tried The Willows but the cigarette smoke, especially if you're a non-smoker, is awful!:frown: The place is way to small for an adequate non-smoking section.

Here we go again...

citysherry

I Need a Beer
RoseRed said:
Here we go again...

Absolutely not trying to start anything. Just wanted to make sure the person knew that if they're a non-smoker it could be a problem for them. We've haven't been back since our one and only visit.

Pete

Repete
RoseRed said:
Stoney's Seafood has a few locations. One in PF, one in Broome's Island and one at Solomons.I prefer the one at Solomons because the security is lax and I can drink and dash easier from the bar.
Have you no shame?

tirdun

staring into the abyss
My favorite seafood place is Sandgates, which is in St Mary's over near Sotterly or Captain Pats in LexPark. For take-out crabs I get them at Copsey's. Outback for steaks, I guess. Lefty's in Waldorf has great ribs, they've ruined me for anywhere else. Griffin's in Annapolis (a bit out of the way, but wonderful) is up Rt2 just before you hit 50.

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
fttrsbeerwench said:
I have found that if you want steak, go to a steak house, and for seafood, well you get the idea. Seafood places do steaks funny(yuck). I prefer Outback overall. But seafod places around here are touch and go sometimes. I don't recommend Evan's, but the places in the island are good. I don't even know if Oakwood Lodge is still open, that place did have a good steak and crabcake. I think the huricane wiped it out. BOOHOO[/QUOTE

Oakwood lodge is gone. he people who were running it are now running Evans.
Another good place is Tall Timbers Marina.