any good spirit filled churches in calvert county

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
If you are willing to travel to Lexington Park, I like my church home. Very energetic Holy Spirit filled. Congregation is white, black, Hispanic, and Asian, but we are Christian brothers and sisters. We believe in and use the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Hessian

I'm mildly amused at...

Churches that push the sub-theme "Full Gospel"--

By implication: "other" churches don't support the whole gospel and thus are guilty of editting scripture. Now certainly there are liberal churches who refuse to preach the OT or stay totally on social issues but by painting the "other" churches as not "Full Gospel" leaves an odd feeling in me...(and those that attend the "other churches??")

Same with the peculiar label "Spirit Filled"--by implication...other churches are incomplete, weak, distracted, flawed etc. Is it because they take a dim view of the emotional activities and doubt the validity of modern tongues that they get labelled as insufficent?...thus all the Christians there who have not been given the "2nd Blessing" are incomplete and shallow? Because we don't have healing services, don't erect Tents for rallies, and frown on pew jumping..we are not "IN" with the Holy crowd?

Anyway...I don't mean to rattle you...I just want you to know that sometimes those terms can offer mild offense to other believers. I can speak from experience...a Presbyterian who married a pentecostal (and has enjoyed years of mild chibes about not getting "spirit filled" at church).
Hope you find a church you can enjoy and be in good fellowship with.

Last edited:

Goofing_Off

Hessian said:
Churches that push the sub-theme "Full Gospel"--

By implication: "other" churches don't support the whole gospel and thus are guilty of editting scripture. Now certainly there are liberal churches who refuse to preach the OT or stay totally on social issues but by painting the "other" churches as not "Full Gospel" leaves an odd feeling in me...(and those that attend the "other churches??")

Same with the perculiar label "Spirit Filled"--by implication...other churches are incomplete, weak, distracted, flawed etc. Is it because they take a dim view of the emotional activities and doubt the validity of modern tongues that they get labelled as insufficent?...thus all the Christians there who have not been given the "2nd Blessing" are incomplete and shallow? Because we don't have healing services, don't erect Tents for rallies, and frown on pew jumping..we are not "IN" with the Holy crowd?

Anyway...I don't mean to rattle you...I just want you to know that sometimes those terms can offer mild offense to other believers. I can speak from experience...a Presbyterian who married a pentecostal (and has enjoyed years of mild chibes about not getting "spirit filled" at church).
Hope you find a church you can enjoy and be in good fellowship with.
I don't imagine Jesus jumped up-and-down, and hoot-and-hollared, while He was giving the Sermon on the Mount or any other time He spoke, so I prefer to follow His example.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Goofing_Off said:
I don't imagine Jesus jumped up-and-down, and hoot-and-hollared, while He was giving the Sermon on the Mount or any other time He spoke, so I prefer to follow His example.
So you don't think Jesus penned the cheer, "We got spirit, yes we do! We got spirit, how about you!"? :confused:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
johnson0424 said:
what is your church called. ?
Hard to tell who that is directed to. I go to the First United Pentecostal Church of Lexington Park. It is very loving and active. If you have never been to a Pentecostal service, it may be a bit more than you expect. We really actively worship God.