ISO Information Any ideas when Weis Markets will open?

red_explorer

Anyone? I just found out my whole family is descending from NC to ride out the storm, and I will need to get food. I know they weren't open over the weekend. I tried to search out the info, but no luck. Weis Market website is acting as if they are open.

Roman

The Weis is open in Prince Frederick, and the one in Solomons & Lusby should be open this Friday.
Anyone? I just found out my whole family is descending from NC to ride out the storm, and I will need to get food. I know they weren't open over the weekend. I tried to search out the info, but no luck. Weis Market website is acting as if they are open. Typicaly when they close a Food Lion, within a week Weis is ready to open. I went to the one in P.F., and it's just like Food Lion.

Last edited:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
This weekend when I attempted to shop at the California one next to the old K-mart, some staff member leaving the store told me they're re-opening this Friday.

luvmygdaughters

My daughter shopped at the one in Prince Fredrick on Saturday. She said they were over priced and selection was not that great.

Forkian

My daughter shopped at the one in Prince Fredrick on Saturday. She said they were over priced and selection was not that great.

I 2nd that for the PF location. I was not at all impressed. The produce section is still really small and it looks like the same old almost expired produce that was there when it was Food Lion. I just left there and went across the street to Giant.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Selection of what? I went Sunday, and found their produce to be very nice - more things than Food Lion had and nicer looking items, too. They have many different items in the deli offerings than FL - like pre-made sandwiches, pre-sliced "most popular" deli meats in 1 lb. Pkgs. I noticed they had many different types of snacks, there were different types of meats. I didn't buy all of that, just noticed them. I did find the prices higher on some things and less on others.

This was their 3rd day. I think it takes a little while to get an idea of what sells, what regular customers request, and also for the pricing to be worked out. I think people need to give it a chance before rejecting it out of hand. Heck, I saw on elderly couple leave their whole cart (fast lane) at the checkout because THEY picked up items from the wrong section and price was off. I can see picking up the wrong bag of apples, but they questioned 3 items...and all were different prices than they thought they were gettng. They walked out and left the poor clerk to void the sale. :rolleyes:

My hubby went there on Sunday to get chicken wings and they didn't have them. I told him maybe they sold out since they just opened? He was not impressed.

Last weekend we got pizza from a Weis in western Maryland. For $7 (or was it $8?) each, they were pretty good. They're baked fresh to order.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My hubby went there on Sunday to get chicken wings and they didn't have them. I told him maybe they sold out since they just opened? He was not impressed.

Last weekend we got pizza from a Weis in western Maryland. For $7 (or was it $8?) each, they were pretty good. They're baked fresh to order.

They were out of A LOT of things. :yay: They sold out of way more than they expected to those first couple of days. This isn't hearsay - I've talked to several of the managers and floor people on the couple of times I've been in the store since it re-opened as Weiss.

Goldenhawk

Great time to shut down/reopen - a few days before a forecast possible hurricane impact. California Walmart bread aisle was empty tonight.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Great time to shut down/reopen - a few days before a forecast possible hurricane impact. California Walmart bread aisle was empty tonight.

That's just stupid. Especially since there's no hurricane heading to SoMD.

As far as their shut down/reopen schedule, that's been planned for awhile now. Has nothing to do with a hurricane that's not coming.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I was surprised to receive a Weis Rewards Card in the mail last weekend. Guess they automatically sent them to Food Lion customers to replace their MVP cards. Got a few coupons and then when I registered my card, another discount was emailed to me.