Any Peacock subscribers onboard?

NOTSMC

There's a rumor going around that Homicide Life on the Street (@stgislander) has been picked up by Peacock; all seven seasons and the movie. I'm trying to believe that it's true but I've been burned before in that when I've subscribed that what I was promised was available for streaming, really wasn't. Peacock won't let you look at what they've got until you subscribe and although ten bucks isn't much in the scheme of things; it's a lot just to take a peak. It was supposed to start on August 19th. If you're a subscriber, would you mind checking for me? Thanks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd like to watch Homicide but I don't want to pay for Peacock. Yikes, you'd go broke with all these streaming services. No wonder all these kids can't pay their student loans.

NOTSMC

I'd like to watch Homicide but I don't want to pay for Peacock. Yikes, you'd go broke with all these streaming services. No wonder all these kids can't pay their student loans.
Peacock's less than ten bucks per month and I'd only be keeping it long enough to watch Homicide. Agreed though Hulu's absurd and keeps going up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Peacock's less than ten bucks per month and I'd only be keeping it long enough to watch Homicide. Agreed though Hulu's absurd and keeps going up.

They all do that - start off at a reasonable price, then when they get enough subscribers jack it up. Plus $10 here and $10 there, and pretty soon it becomes real money and I don't trust them to cancel my service after I'm done.

mitzi

There's a rumor going around that Homicide Life on the Street (@stgislander) has been picked up by Peacock; all seven seasons and the movie. I'm trying to believe that it's true but I've been burned before in that when I've subscribed that what I was promised was available for streaming, really wasn't. Peacock won't let you look at what they've got until you subscribe and although ten bucks isn't much in the scheme of things; it's a lot just to take a peak. It was supposed to start on August 19th. If you're a subscriber, would you mind checking for me? Thanks.

I just checked. It's on there, all 7 seasons.

mitzi

It's ridiculous. You can't watch much without paying for streaming. It's frustrating. I wanted to watch some of the Olympics. You had to pay for nbc.com or Peacock. Sometimes I miss the days of of just turning on your TV and using your antenna or cable when it was affordable. I'm not paying up to $200 a month for cable TV. I do have basic Hulu and Paramount Plus.

DaSDGuy

Yes, its there. Actually I'm watching On Patrol Live right now. Missed it last night. Planning on watching live show tonight at 9.

stgislander

PREMO Member
They all do that - start off at a reasonable price, then when they get enough subscribers jack it up. Plus $10 here and $10 there, and pretty soon it becomes real money and I don't trust them to cancel my service after I'm done.
I've been lucky with Sling. Have it for almost 2 years, and it's still $46/mo, Plus the wife pays for Amazon Prime.

Kinnakeet

TV now a days is stupid my wife watches a couple shows Chicago fire and another that I find ridiculous its pretty much the same crap every episode.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

It's ridiculous. You can't watch much without paying for streaming. It's frustrating. I wanted to watch some of the Olympics. You had to pay for nbc.com or Peacock. Sometimes I miss the days of of just turning on your TV and using your antenna or cable when it was affordable. I'm not paying up to $200 a month for cable TV. I do have basic Hulu and Paramount Plus.

Well, there is still over-the-air TV transmissions available with an antenna. Which is free to receive, (including NBC), other than getting an antenna. And there are a plethora of receivable TV signals that one can watch.

mitzi

For your consideration ...

Well, there is still over-the-air TV transmissions available with an antenna. Which is free to receive, (including NBC), other than getting an antenna. And there are a plethora of receivable TV signals that one can watch.

I've checked into some of those. The signal is too weak.

NOTSMC

I forgot to check for the movie.
I don't think they have it. It's called Homicide The Movie. Sources online say Peacock carries it but can't find it under search. It wasn't that good anyway - really just wanted to rewatch the series. And I did - slept through all of Season 1 for the majority of the day. It was one of those stay in your pajamas all day days.