Any quick and easy but good crock pot recipes?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
JTross said:
Well I'm only 19 and just moved out about a month or so ago, so yes using them myself is all new :) My co-workers got me one for a housewarming gift!
I got my first crockpot as a wedding present when I was 18. I'm surprised no one has broken out Crabcake's Italian Beef recipe - it's a favorite at our house.

Place the roast in the crockpot, then sprinkle it with one packet of Good Seasons dry Italian dressing mix per pound. Example: three pound roast = 3 packets of mix.

Cover with water and cook for a good 6 or 8 hours. When the meat's done, use two forks to shred it in the crockpot. You can then make beef sandwiches, use it in soups or casseroles, or just plunk it on your plate and serve with a salad or green veggies.

Yum!

Last edited:

JTross

JTross
vraiblonde said:
I got my first crockpot as a wedding present when I was 18. I'm surprised no one has broken out Crabcake's Italian Beef recipe - it's a favorite at our house.

Place the roast in the crockpot, then sprinkle it with one packet of Good Seasons dry Italian dressing mix per pound. Example: three pound roast = 3 packets of mix.

Cover with water and cook for a good 6 or 8 hours. When the meat's done, use two forks to shred it in the crockpot. You can then make beef sandwiches, use it in soups or casseroles, or just plunk it on your plate and serve with a salad or green veggies.

Yum!

Yummy that sounds delicious! LOL I'm starving now after getting all these great sounding recipes. Crock pots really are a great invention! Thanks for the recipe! :howdy:

BOHDEN

I make minced BBQ in it all the time.

just take a pork or beef bottom round roast, put couple inches of water in the bottom, season with (this is what i use) onion salt, celery salt, garlic salt, diced onion, diced green pepper, then cove with BBQ sauce ( not a whole lot of BBQ sauce), I cook on low all day, then shred when tender with two forks, then load it up with more BBQ sauce.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
BOHDEN said:
I make minced BBQ in it all the time.

just take a pork or beef bottom round roast, put couple inches of water in the bottom, season with (this is what i use) onion salt, celery salt, garlic salt, diced onion, diced green pepper, then cove with BBQ sauce ( not a whole lot of BBQ sauce), I cook on low all day, then shred when tender with two forks, then load it up with more BBQ sauce.

Got enough salt products in there? Why not try onion powder, garlic powder ect. All that salt not good.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
baileydog said:
Got enough salt products in there? Why not try onion powder, garlic powder ect. All that salt not good.
Don't listen to her - salt is my favorite thing.

:lalala:

RoMary

Recipe for a Newbie Cook

JTross said:
I just recently got a crock pot and needless to say I have completely fallen in love with it. It is sooo convenient and with our busy schedules its wonderful. Really great to just put whatever in it in the morning and have it ready when we get home. I was curious to see if anyone out there had any recipes they would be willing to share. Look forward to seeing what people suggest :howdy: :howdy: :howdy:

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN
6-7 lb. Chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing
1 cup uncooked popcorn
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350. Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt and
pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn Place in baking pan in
the oven. Listen for popping sounds. When the chicken's ass blows out the oven door and flies across the room---The chicken is done.

aosmiles

JTross said:
we are definitely going to have to dry this one it sounds GREAT!! Does the chicken cook throughout if its still frozen though?
Sorry it took me awhile. Yes, it does cook thoroughly. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it worked just fine. We love it. Also, I only used 3-4 chicken breasts and it was great.