Any suggestions on a M&G?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Where have they been in the past? Any favorite spots? I'm thinking early March for planning purposes.

I used to gather people at the Ruddy Duck ..... one in La Plata, another on Rousby Hall Road that has gone out of business since 2011 replaced by Buckets Bar and Grill it looks like

[ we went a few other places, but most of the ones I attented were at RD ]

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Where have they been in the past? Any favorite spots? I'm thinking early March for planning purposes.
When we used to do the M&Gs on Friday nights, we liked going to locally owned businesses in order to support small business owners. We mostly had great service and almost always a ton of fun getting together. We also tried to spread the venues around the Tri-County area, although, we typically tended to congregate at the most centrally located areas to attact forumites from all over.

Solomons, for instance, has a lot of places to meet at and not a terrible long drive except for those in Charles county -but then we didn't ALWAYS have a lot of Charles countians joining us.

YMMV

Bann

PREMO Member
I used to gather people at the Ruddy Duck
I remember 1 or 2 that you gathered there. Were there more?

The Friday nighters/Heathens kind of took off and started meeting all over the Tri-County area after that initial month.

SailorGirl

You all are going to have to help me out - I don't know Solomons at all. Is Ruddy Duck casual - like in can you wear jeans?

Bann

PREMO Member
So -one for the Ruddy Duck. I've never been there, noisy or can you hear yourself talk?
The Ruddy Duck is a favorite place, but it can be noisy. It's too cool-ish for outdoors, yet, but they have a nice little Beer Garden out back. :yay:

Brick Wood Fired Bistro in PF has a place with tables to put together if you need more.
Kingfishers down in Solomons was nice, too.

I'm sure there are more places that people will chime in about. :yay:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I remember 1 or 2 that you gathered there. Were there more?

A bunch I attended early 2011 ... when the summer kicked in I was working weekends, but yes, ya'll went all over ... especially with the MeetUP Tie in

SailorGirl

Kingfishers isn't over on, oh god what is the name of the place that's really far out down some road or bridge or something is it?.

Bann

PREMO Member
A bunch I attended early 2011 ... when the summer kicked in I was working weekends, but yes, ya'll went all over ... especially with the MeetUP Tie in
The first one I went to was in Dec. 2011. Then after that - they took off on a life of their own on Friday nights and we went Tri-County.

We didn't have the "MeetUP Tie in" as you call it all that often, but there were people in that group who were in the SOMD group, so it made sense to team up. Especially since the number of forumites who attended wasn't particularly high some of the time.

SailorGirl

The first one I went to was in Dec. 2011. Then after that - they took off on a life of their own on Friday nights and we went Tri-County.

We didn't have the "MeetUP Tie in" as you call it all that often, but there were people in that group who were in the SOMD group, so it made sense to team up. Especially since the number of forumites who attended wasn't particularly high some of the time.
What's a meetup tie in?

Regarding Pier 450, seems I read somewhere it might be a little more 'upscale' than we're used to. Have to make sure before we show up in ratty blue jeans.

SailorGirl

How is Kingfishers/Bistro grill noise wise? The only reason I ask is that there seems to be a lot of interest in going and God knows I want to meet everyone but I don't want to create any additional noise if it's already noisy.