Anybody Else Notice...

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
... that take out just doesn't taste the same as it used to?

Tired of cooking in, had a real hankering for something Italian. Decided on mozzarella sticks and a pepperoni calzone from Nicoletti's. The sticks were fine, pre-made, they just had to heat them. The calzone just didn't taste the same. Couldn't put my finger on it.... maybe the ricotta was different? And the meat sauce was definitely off, not like it used to was. Not bad, just different. Not as good.

That took care of my desire for take out for a while.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Are they open for dining?

There's going to be a new Italian place in Leonardtown soon.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
You can dine in, but I wouldn't. It was like a morgue in there. One person sitting, darkened lights, it honestly looked like they were closed. Empty salad bar, no gellato, just really cold and empty.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not a fan of takeout unless it's BBQ or something that doesn't get prepared fresh. Even takeout pizza loses its luster on the drive home.

All those restaurants - "We're open for carryout!" Yeah, no.

I'm not sure why Fat Larry has decided to torture the people of Maryland and destroy all the small businesses. Plenty of other states aren't doing that.

Bonehead

My curry noodle dish was very good as usual from Tearrific Cafe ! No dine in but I don't like to do that anyway.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We've been real pleased with the quality of the pizza we've been getting from Nicoletti's food truck.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
We've been real pleased with the quality of the pizza we've been getting from Nicoletti's food truck.
I haven't had one of their pizzas in a very long time. They have an electronic sign in the store, and they put up the schedule for the truck.
Tue - Pax River
Wen - Pax River
Thur - Pax River

The rest of the week they do nothing.

So, you're lying if you say the truck goes down island. Clearly their sign is the right info.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I haven't had one of their pizzas in a very long time. They have an electronic sign in the store, and they put up the schedule for the truck.
Tue - Pax River
Wen - Pax River
Thur - Pax River

The rest of the week they do nothing.

So, you're lying if you say the truck goes down island. Clearly their sign is the right info.

Not to the the island....they were parking at the 2nd District fire house. If they've stopped (wife has not seen them lately...she passes by the firehouse every evening on her trip to and from the horse farm) then I have to wonder why; they were always busy.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Not to the the island....they were parking at the 2nd District fire house. If they've stopped (wife has not seen them lately...she passes by the firehouse every evening on her trip to and from the horse farm) then I have to wonder why; they were always busy.
I was busting on ya. Chances of the sign being right were pretty slim considering it's been seen around town.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Wouldn't surprise me that they'd be at Pax for lunch. They were at 2nd District FD in late afternoon/evening.

Harry Lundeberg School has different food trucks there during the week for lunch. (Except this week since their parking area is covered with piles of roofing supplies.)

lucky_bee

RBF expert
... that take out just doesn't taste the same as it used to?

Tired of cooking in, had a real hankering for something Italian. Decided on mozzarella sticks and a pepperoni calzone from Nicoletti's. The sticks were fine, pre-made, they just had to heat them. The calzone just didn't taste the same. Couldn't put my finger on it.... maybe the ricotta was different? And the meat sauce was definitely off, not like it used to was. Not bad, just different. Not as good.

That took care of my desire for take out for a while.
we love eating at Bollywood - curry is a huge favorite at our house. We got takeout a couple months ago while the in-laws were visiting and it was such a mess. Nothing was labeled and you know almost all the curries looked the same :lol: I had to sit there taste-testing them all and comparing the menu descriptions to make sure everyone got what they ordered. And there definitely was NOT enough rice. Looking forward to going there for a real meal soon. I know we can now but just haven't had a chance.

luvmygdaughters

I've never been crazy about take out, we tried it at Outback a few years ago. By the time you get home, the baked potato is cool, the butter to put on the potato is all melted, the steak was warm, not hot. The only time we do carry out any more is if its a fast food joint, and that doesn't happen often.

mitzi

I've never been crazy about take out, we tried it at Outback a few years ago. By the time you get home, the baked potato is cool, the butter to put on the potato is all melted, the steak was warm, not hot. The only time we do carry out any more is if its a fast food joint, and that doesn't happen often.

Same here unless it's one of the places right here in town and I'm home in 5 minutes. Then it's still regular carry out food (pizza, Chinese, cheesesteak).