Anybody had Juvederm or Restylane?

genki

If anyone has had Botox, Juvederm or Restylane I'd love to hear about your experience (good or bad). I'm considering having one of the procedures done. Any recommendations about where to go would be great too. Thanks!

Socalgirl

Yes, I get Botox every 6 months and Restalyne about once a year. I will never be with out.
The key is to go lightly with the Botox. I have it injected around my eyes and above my brows. I still have forehead movement and can lift my brows (but I can't scowl) and no one has ever looked twice. I look refreshed. If you start Botox you will make a large financial comment the first year. You will need injections every about every 3-4 months to get the muscles to relax and then the second year about every 6 months. The Botox will help the filler last longer if you use them in the same area. I've had all my injections in California. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon or eye surgeon to do the work. There is one in Waldorf and a group in PF. If done right, once you try it you will never want to be without. Good Luck

Last edited:

queen

I've been wanting to do botox around my eyes and chickened out. This is making me regain my nerve. Can you tell me where you went to have it done? I'm afraid of getting a botched job.

weeze

www.robinowen.com
I've had botox and had it done by 4 different people 2 dermatologist and 2 plastic surgeon's.
I can tell you who does it makes a world of difference! The problem is if you don't know how it works you have no idea if your doctor is any good or not! After 4 doctors I finally know how good it can work when you get a fresh batch and they put the right amount in in the right location! A plastic surgeon in Annapolis did it to me the first time.... HE SUCKED. the stuff took 4 weeks to work and wore of supper quick. A year later I tried again & went to a derm. hers worked better took two weeks to start working so she was ok.
the second derm was the same as the first... ok.

this last time I went to a plastic surgeon in Richmond because I know him to be extremely good at what he does. His kicked in, in one week more like 5 days and I hadn't had it in over a year so there was no reason for it to start working so fast. it also lasted for ever, not 12 weeks more like 18 weeks.

I will drive to Richmond from now on because it last so much longer when he does it and that it saves me money. It's expencive.
I can say you will love the results if you have the money it is well worth it.

Last edited: