Anybody see Tony Kornheiser give St. Mary's College a shoutout on PTI yesterday?

mdgirlie

At the very end of Pardon the Interruption (PTI) show on ESPN, Tony Kornheiser gave St. Mary's College Basketball a quick shout-out. Was I the only one that saw that? I was thinking, "Why on earth would he shout out a little college in Southern Maryland?". Well, this morning I saw this article on The Bay Net (click here to see article ) to confirm the shoutout. Good job St. Mary's College!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Tony K is supposed to be doing a lecture (maybe already has) @ SMC. The lecture is to be about the relationship of sports, sports journalism, and politcs.

warneckutz

mdgirlie said:
At the very end of Pardon the Interruption (PTI) show on ESPN, Tony Kornheiser gave St. Mary's College Basketball a quick shout-out. Was I the only one that saw that? I was thinking, "Why on earth would he shout out a little college in Southern Maryland?". Well, this morning I saw this article on The Bay Net (click here to see article ) to confirm the shoutout. Good job St. Mary's College!
:yay:

Yeah, I heard it in the locker room... I heard it loud and clear but I figured I was just hearing things. :lmao: From NBC to ESPN... the world is finding out about Southern MD...

Woodyspda

I was at the lecture on friday.... standing room only when I got there. It was him, two sports editors and two college kids who write for their sports sections. On the show before he drove down he stated something to the effect "I'll be at St. Mary's college on the beautiful Eastern shore tonight"
Close to the end of the hour, one of the students asked if he knew that St. Mary's was in Southern Maryland not the Eastern Shore. From what I heard, he lives in VA just across the river from here and is a contributor to St. Mary's City....

cwoehrer

Tony's Visit

Greetings and thank you to the individual who thought I was a student at St. Mary's (I'm 38 but you probably didn't really see me).
It was I who shouted out at Tony that night. Earlier in the evening, on PTI, when Wilbon asked him what was he going to watch that night, Tony said that he was going to St. Mary's college on the eastern shore. So at the 'show', I had asked him if anyone razzed him about not being on the eastern shore, that he was really in SOMD, and he simply said that he had no idea where he was going. So I asked him then to say on monday, instead of saying Goodnight Canada, to say Good Night southern MD. he said he would but he would still wave the Canandian flag. He told me to call him and remind him in which I did. At the end of Monday's show, he displayed a St. Mary's College BASEBALL shirt and said, "goodnight southern md, good night st. mary's. I wish I was able to stay for the reception. He's very personable and funny.