Anybody tried Direct TV Now?

limblips

I like the price and the channel lineup but I would like inputs from people who are familiar with it. Any problem with freezing, pixilation, slow, or other issues? TIA

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I like the price and the channel lineup but I would like inputs from people who are familiar with it. Any problem with freezing, pixilation, slow, or other issues? TIA
Never had a problem, but I dot have the Genie(?).
I have individual DVR's, but I can watch any program recorded on any of them.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Never had a problem, but I dot have the Genie(?).
I have individual DVR's, but I can watch any program recorded on any of them.
I do lose the HD signal during bad storms, but I switch to the SD channel and most of the time it will work.
Does that help?

limblips

You lose the HD signal in bad storms? Direct TV Now streams from your router right? I guess I don't understand how it works. I thought it was a streaming thing.

SamSpade

I guess the biggest challenge to us about switching to online streaming is the ability to watch any show in a given season,
and watch it on any or most of our TVs. In addition - the ability to pause and restart LIVE TV.

Most of our inertia is finding something that will give us ALL of what we already have. We DO pay too much for cable,
but I meet too much resistance when it comes to "can we binge watch the whole season of A Million Little Things" and not
just the last five? Can I record the Ravens game, or partial record it and watch the beginning while the end is still playing?
Can I find my shows I've recorded or want to watch at will as easily as searching through my DVR recorded list?

DVR is fast becoming dated technology but it's still damned convenient.