Anybody use a WaterPik/water flosser?

PSrada

I absolutely HATE flossing my teeth, it just mentally grating for me, but I know dental care is important. Before I spend a couple hundred on a WaterPik, I figured I'd ask for some thoughts from the crew here

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I absolutely HATE flossing my teeth, it just mentally grating for me, but I know dental care is important. Before I spend a couple hundred on a WaterPik, I figured I'd ask for some thoughts from the crew here
Works great.

Use it with an alcohol based oral rinse instead of water.

I prefer Makers Mark but Listerine will work too, I'm sure.

glhs837

Power with Control
It is good, and gets stuff floss cant. But it also cant replace the mechanical scrubbing floss does. You should really do both. Have you tried the smoother ribbon floss? Not to me taste, but it does reduce that sensation quite a lot. Glide is the name.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have one of those flossers on a handle so I don't gag myself out trying to get to my back teeth. I've never used a Water Pik.

They work great to clean your teeth, but they're not for everyone. A friend of mine uses these Waterpik WP-563 and she loves it.
I checked with my dentist as I had a checkup coming up. My dentist says that they're just 'ok' and should be used in conjunction with regular brushing and flossing.

Last edited:

gemma_rae

I tried a WaterPik once and hated it! Water was splashing everywhere, in my eyes, up my nose, on the mirror, sheesh what a mess.. The shower attachment looks interesting though.

PJay

I tried a WaterPik once and hated it! Water was splashing everywhere, in my eyes, up my nose, on the mirror, sheesh what a mess.. The shower attachment looks interesting though.

What I imagined the experience would be if I had one.

Hahanparry

Using a WaterPik or water flosser is a personal choice that can have some fantastic benefits for your oral hygiene. It's a convenient way to complement traditional flossing and remove food particles and plaque. For those considering this approach, it's essential to do your research and understand how to use it effectively. If you want to explore more dental health options, you can find information on treatments like Invisalign at this link: https://www.vipdentalny.cоm/invisalign-treatment-in-forest-hills-queens/. Ultimately, maintaining a healthy smile is key, and WaterPiks can be a helpful tool in achieving that goal.

Last edited: