Anybuddy watch....

Mikeinsmd

"Dogfights" or "Shootout" on the history channel? Awesome reenactments from WW II to Vietnam to Gulf war skirmishes. Great computer graphics on the aerial dogfights.

Shootout in Afghanistan on now. :yay:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Mikeinsmd said:
"Dogfights" or "Shootout" on the history channel? Awesome reenactments from WW II to Vietnam to Gulf war skirmishes. Great computer graphics on the aerial dogfights.

Shootout in Afghanistan on now. :yay:
I watch "Dogfights" all the time, but haven't seen "Shootout" before. Wow.

Man, that Tillman thing is one colossal CF. The reports just get worse and worse as the investigations continue. Imagine some of the screw ups that don't get noticed because a footbal player wasn't involved.

Mikeinsmd

MMDad said:
I watch "Dogfights" all the time, but haven't seen "Shootout" before. Wow.

Man, that Tillman thing is one colossal CF. The reports just get worse and worse as the investigations continue. Imagine some of the screw ups that don't get noticed because a footbal player wasn't involved.
I know. So sad. I wonder why he enlisted vs. getting a commission? He was a college grad right?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Mikeinsmd said:
I know. So sad. I wonder why he enlisted vs. getting a commission? He was a college grad right?
I figure he wanted into the fight. As an officer, he would have had to go through "leadership" training, as well as warrior training. As an enlisted, he would only get training to be a warrior before being able to go do what he wanted to do: avenge 9/11. He was a great man.

It really sucks that one of the biggest threats to our troops is getting killed by your own guys. We're working on the problem, but I won't be satisfied until we make a ton of progress.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I watched the "Shootout" about Iwo. Although I was one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children I never knew that many details about Iwo.

"Dogfights" is just plane (bad pun intended) awesome.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Mikeinsmd said:
No gurantees if you go the OCS route.. as an enlisted member he got everything he wanted.. Infantry, Airborne and Ranger.. guaranteed