Anyone care to second the motion?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
If we kill him, he will become an instant martyr to his rabid followers, which is absolutely the last thing I want. And even if he dies of old age, it bugs me that he will probably die defiant and unrepentant. If I were in charge of the universe, he would die begging America for forgiveness.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
If we kill him, he will become an instant martyr to his rabid followers, which is absolutely the last thing I want. And even if he dies of old age, it bugs me that he will probably die defiant and unrepentant. If I were in charge of the universe, he would die begging America for forgiveness.
What would I prefer a martyr or the continued festering sore thumbing his nose at us waiting to unleash another attack? Hmmmmmm. Tough choice. :sarcasm:

Make him a martyr!!!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Ken King said:
What would I prefer a martyr or the continued festering sore thumbing his nose at us waiting to unleash another attack? Hmmmmmm. Tough choice. :sarcasm:

Make him a martyr!!!
If those are the only two choices, I definitely agree with you.

I just want a third choice of Bin Laden humiliating himself with repentence. My ideal scenario: Osama in chains going to each of the homes of the United Flight 93 families, kneeling at their feet, and weeping and gnashing his teeth.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
He will be a Martyr to those that follow him so let's make them all Martyrs. Nuke'm 'til they glow. I would rather see him dead and worry about his followers later. With the mastermind out of the picture it may be easier to rid the world of evil.

Hessian

Best option?

have him turned in by one of his allies...but not to US custody...over to some Pakistani official...or some warlord in Afghanistan--they tape his execution, collect the ransom, and then are hunted down by Osama's hordes while we watch from satellite distance.

No US involvement, no Risk, No Mass attacks on US consulates & embassies.
and less of a martyr status.

Any other option is just not pretty.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Hessian said:
have him turned in by one of his allies...but not to US custody...over to some Pakistani official...or some warlord in Afghanistan--they tape his execution, collect the ransom, and then are hunted down by Osama's hordes while we watch from satellite distance.

No US involvement, no Risk, No Mass attacks on US consulates & embassies.
and less of a martyr status.

Any other option is just not pretty.
It would be great to have one of Osama's most trusted friends become a Brutus.