Anyone else out there sick?

music

Let me know how that goes. I was supposed to have the same surgery, but had to hold off until my husband has his back surgery and can run around with the kiddos. My doctor told me I will be out of work for 8 weeks (works for me!). I've been spraining my ankles (but mainly my right) at least twice a year, for the last 10 years (I play soccer 3-4 times a week.. so that'll do it!) Good luck and hope all goes well!

As for the sickness.. my entire household has had this crap for two weeks now. I thought I was getting better because Friday I woke up and felt great. When I woke up Sunday, I felt like I was hit by a mac truck. Hubby got so bad that he went to urgent care Saturday and found out he had an ear infection + bronchitis. This morning I woke up and felt terrible, but once I took a hot shower and relaxed a bit, I felt fine for the most part. Runny nose, sore throat (but not like a strep type hurt), coughing, terrible headache, achy. Sounds like it's definitely going around!

Wow, your husband has been sick. Wow. Hope you all feel better soon, will let you know about the surgery :)

DEEKAYPEE8569

Runny nose....watery eyes for the past two days,the wham - I feel like I can hardly get around,I'm so tired. Headachy,etc. BUT NO FEVER. I hate being sick and just want to know other people are miserable too.

Hope you get over whatever form of "the crud" that you have.

My Dad has been soldiering on with what sounds like bronchitis/walking pneumonia or whatever it is. He goes into "coughing fits", as if his lungs are full, til he's gasping for air. Scares the H*ll outta me.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Both boys and I are on round 2. I switched them over to allergy meds on Monday because the cold meds weren't doing squat. I'm just barely stuffy this time and a little hoarse but with no sore throat.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Both boys and I are on round 2. I switched them over to allergy meds on Monday because the cold meds weren't doing squat. I'm just barely stuffy this time and a little hoarse but with no sore throat.

Have you "subscribed" to the one Allegra 180mg/day?
It does work, but for me it's just another thing to forget.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I hope everyone who is sick feels better and that everyone who needs surgery recovers quickly afterwards. My family hasn't yet caught the most recent sicknesses going around but I feel like we've been sick more often than not since October. Always something lately! :cds:

butterfly08

Started with a runny nose yesterday. By the time I got home I couldn't breathe through my nose at all. Woke up every hour last night. I could barely get out of bed, but I made it to work an hour late. I still have a good headache, so I think I will make it. Not feeling good sucks!

frequentflier

happy to be living
:flowers: It's awful,isn't it? I tell you,I have no fever or I'd swear I have the flu. Muscle aches like I ran a marathon.

Yeah...day #4 and I feel worse than I did before. It has moved into my lungs and back and I sound like a foghorn when I cough and it feels as though a boxer has used my body for a punching bag!

DEEKAYPEE8569

Yeah...day #4 and I feel worse than I did before. It has moved into my lungs and back and I sound like a foghorn when I cough and it feels as though a boxer has used my body for a punching bag!

Just based on what I've been watching my Dad go through; you might be in for a tough fight for a while. If this crud is just now moving into your lungs, you've got a ways to go. Sorry about the 'good news.'

DEEKAYPEE8569

For the kids, yes. Me, nope, I let my body do all the fighting and just deal with the symptoms.

My youngest Nephew (5) gets Strep all the time.
Last night I was talking to his Grampa and I learned that; after being tested; the Dr. said he's a 'a carrier' for the virus.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
My youngest Nephew (5) gets Strep all the time.
Last night I was talking to his Grampa and I learned that; after being tested; the Dr. said he's a 'a carrier' for the virus.

Carriers don't get sick. They carry and infect everyone else. When I was younger and lived at home my mom use to call me Typhoid Annie (after Typhoid Mary but my middle name is Anne so she was being cute) because I never got sick no matter what ran through the house. Even now an occasional cold and this year I got a sore throat for the first time in forever.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Nope I'm not sick. My Z06 has a very good cabin filtration system that keeps the germs out.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Carriers don't get sick. They carry and infect everyone else. When I was younger and lived at home my mom use to call me Typhoid Annie (after Typhoid Mary but my middle name is Anne so she was being cute) because I never got sick no matter what ran through the house. Even now an occasional cold and this year I got a sore throat for the first time in forever.

Well, I'm just going by what I was told the Dr. said. I got this info 3rd-hand.
But it almost stands to reason that a carrier COULD be afflicted with a "mutated" form of strep; carrier or not. Doesn't it? Either that, or the Pediatrician don't know squat; but we're talking about Vanderbilt Medical Center Dr.'s.....

Last edited: