Anyone Else Tired of Field Goals?

B

Bruzilla

I'm getting really tired of watching football teams "march" down to the 30-35 yard line, quit trying to score, and kick a field goal. As I see more and more 50+ yard field goals it seems like teams aren't really even trying to score touchdowns anymore. Now it's like they give up and just go for three.

I would like to see some limits placed on field goals, like limiting teams to three FGs per game, or making teams reach inside the five-yard line before they could opt to kick. This wasn't a problem when the norm was a 25 to 35 yard kick, but now 45-55 yards are becoming the norm and are, I think, making the games boring.

B

Bruzilla

No, you can't kick from the five, just that the team would have to reach the five before they could kick from the 15 for a 25-yd FG.

fuzzyng

I think they just need to get rid of Field Goals... I also think that running out of bounds is a punk way to stop the clock, but maybe thats just me... I'm not a huge football fan, but i like the video game versions :wink:

B

Bruzilla

I'm just getting tired of game with scores that are multiples of three for both sides. Back in the day you never saw games that had no touchdowns, now it's the norm.

As a Steelers fan I was glad they finally won last week, but it was a hollow victory. Once again, it came down to dang field goal. I think field goals should be banned during overtime periods. Make those overpaid loafers earn their salary and get the ball in the end zone.