anyone familiar with St Jerome Creek area?

Mattropolis

I usually fish the Potomac from Indian Head down to Cobb Island but I've been wanting to venture out to the bay. Dont have a boat (except for a kayak) so im scouting for good places to fish from the shore. On google satellite maps it looks like there is a dirt road leading up to the south end of the channel that leads into the bay. It isnt named but it looks like it turns off of Murray Rd. Would I be able to drive up there and fish from the shore into the channel or is it private property? Anyone know of any other good spots?

JoeMac

I have never heard of that particular spot so I will guess that it is private property. You can always go on the causeway of Point Lookout and they also have a fishing pier. There is Solomons Pier. Tall Timbers Marina jetty is also a good spot, although you are supposed to be a member of the marina I have been fishing there for years. Just don't make a bunch of noise and don't have a large group of people and you will be fine. There is Abell's Wharf in Leonardtown. Another good spot is at St. Marys College. Park at the church on the river side and walk down to the shore. St Georges Island bridge is a pretty good spot too. I am sure there are more but these are the spots I use.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I usually fish the Potomac from Indian Head down to Cobb Island but I've been wanting to venture out to the bay. Dont have a boat (except for a kayak) so im scouting for good places to fish from the shore. On google satellite maps it looks like there is a dirt road leading up to the south end of the channel that leads into the bay. It isnt named but it looks like it turns off of Murray Rd. Would I be able to drive up there and fish from the shore into the channel or is it private property? Anyone know of any other good spots?
If you're that far down you may as well go to Pt. Lookout and fish off the pier. :yay:

belvak

Happy Camper
If you're that far down you may as well go to Pt. Lookout and fish off the pier. :yay:

:yeahthat: I think everything on the bay side is private. Well, there is/used to be Elm's Beach. You could also try Flag Ponds. They have a pier. Good Luck!! :buddies:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

All of the bay shore there is private property. Point Lookout State Park has many areas for fishing from the shore. They have the "causeway" where you can park your car and fish from the rip rap. They have the fishing pier. They have the point where you park your car and can fish either the Potomac or the Bay as it is the Point. It cost $5.00 per person to go.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If you're looking to fish from the beach on St. Jerome's Creek, you'd do well to launch off of Freeman's Road (there's a little boat ramp about 3/4 of a mile down that road). Then you can proceed to the mouth of the Creek (where it meets the Bay). This area has a nice *private* beach, but I've seen a lot of people fish from there.

Also, check out Drury's Marina off of Airedele Road. That boat ramp is close to that same beach that I mentioned, above, that is a good place to fish.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
If you're looking to fish from the beach on St. Jerome's Creek, you'd do well to launch off of Freeman's Road (there's a little boat ramp about 3/4 of a mile down that road). Then you can proceed to the mouth of the Creek (where it meets the Bay). This area has a nice *private* beach, but I've seen a lot of people fish from there.

Also, check out Drury's Marina off of Airedele Road. That boat ramp is close to that same beach that I mentioned, above, that is a good place to fish.
Dont have a boat (except for a kayak) so im scouting for good places to fish from the shore.

He doesn't have a boat!

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Dont have a boat (except for a kayak) so im scouting for good places to fish from the shore.

He doesn't have a boat!

Check out Kitts Point at the end of Beachville. They have a beach there as well as a ramp and pier and it is located on Smith Creek. It's a public park, beach and boat ramp and I hear the fishing is quite good there. It feeds off the Potomac and close to adjoining the St. Mary's River. I have seen many kayaker's use the park to launch.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

He doesn't have a boat!

Kayak would be good to get there. It's nice pointed beach that extends out into the inlet from the Bay.. WIll actually find fish IN the inlet channel.

To get out into the bay you actually have to go around this little beach, so it's perfect to kayak up to as the water is protected the entire way to the beach.

hard to describe, but if you paddle up to the opening of the creek it'll become obvious.

spinner

St Jeromes Creek

We've put the kayaks in at Buzzys and kayaked to the little inlet. Didn't know about the boat ramp on Freeman's Rd then. It was a good paddle to the inlet but there is a nice beach to fish from, the owner didn't mind if you used it as long as you kept it clean. The only thing is you have to watch out for the boat traffic.

Mattropolis

Flags Pond

Well friday morning a friend and I went to flags pond to try our luck at the pier. First thing we noticed was groups of sting rays swimming around sometimes right up to the shore. When then fog lifted we could see lots of fins popping out of the water between the pier and the point. I had heard it was spawning season for them but i didnt expect to see such a huge swarm of them....Anyways ended up catching a few of the rays and a rockfish too small to keep. Not really a productive trip but was interesting anyway.

belvak

Happy Camper
Well friday morning a friend and I went to flags pond to try our luck at the pier. First thing we noticed was groups of sting rays swimming around sometimes right up to the shore. When then fog lifted we could see lots of fins popping out of the water between the pier and the point. I had heard it was spawning season for them but i didnt expect to see such a huge swarm of them....Anyways ended up catching a few of the rays and a rockfish too small to keep. Not really a productive trip but was interesting anyway.

:lol: Bull Nosed Rays, commonly known as "skates" here in SOMD, can put up a heck of a fight!! Our Daughter snagged one when she was little down at Bushwood Wharf! She had her little old Barbie fishing rod!! :lmao: To give her credit, she did try to pull it in. When it looked like the "skate" was going to pull her off the pier, Hubby stepped in!! Hope you enjoyed your day!!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
These look like some good spots...Has anyone tried their luck on St Clements Island?

Big croaker around the island. This evening's stringer included 14-15 inch croaker, a mixed bag of spot (bait sized to jumbo) and the first white perch of the season for us. It'll be time to break out the beetle spins and my canoe soon.