Anyone following other state's races?

Terps

I have been following Michigan's governor's race, between incumbent Jennifer Granholm and Dick DeVos, former CEO of Alticor, very wealthy businessman. Granholm seems to have lots of good things going for the state, a great plan to create jobs in Michigan called Jobs Today, Jobs Tomorrow. Recently DeVos layed out his 64 page plan to turn around Michigan. I have looked at it and frankly there doesnt seem to be much substance. He says one thing in his plan then another thing when he speaks, i feel like the guy says whatever he can to get a vote. I know its not MAryland politics, but i thought that if anyone was watching other races around the nation, it would be fun to discuss.

B

Bruzilla

I'm watching the senate race in CT. I think it's a hoot to see all the mainstream/moderate Democrat wannabes turning their backs on Joe Lieberman like he was last week's garbage... all in the name of trying to get the anti-war minority to vote for them. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

ylexot

Super Genius
Bruzilla said:
I'm watching the senate race in CT. I think it's a hoot to see all the mainstream/moderate Democrat wannabes turning their backs on Joe Lieberman like he was last week's garbage... all in the name of trying to get the anti-war minority to vote for them. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Yeah, I find that more interesting than...what state was it? Michigan?

Terps

Bruzilla, I have been watching that race too. Poor Liberman is just being turned on by everyone.

ylexot; the Michigan race is entertaining, DeVos is this character that thinks his wealth will win him the election. Well certainly some politicians have won based on bigger warchests, however DeVos, isnt the brightest. His 64 page turnaround plan has no depth and he continues to say one thing and turn around and completely contradict himself. Not exactly a politician that can keep his own message straight. The latest is his issue on school vouchers. One minute he says he will respect MI voters rejection of vouchers, then he says "I think eventually there are going to be innovations that we're going to see elsewhere in the country and we will learn from, and I believe those may change the entire debate about vouchers" This guy is a flip flopper and he needs to make up his mind :killingme

http://www.michiganliberal.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=5965